Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday

Well, I have a pretty big stack of things I need to get done fairly quickly, and today I took a decent-sized chunk out of them. It kept me busy most of the day while leaving me nothing interesting to talk about. :)

I did enjoy a short article that came out about WASPs, the WWII women pilots who acted as ferry and test pilots while the men were off flying in war. Women were asked to help out, 25,000 did, and 1,800 were selected to do it. At the end of their duty, they were sent home and airlines offered to hire some of them as flight attendants. One woman said "Why should we be flight attendants? We can fly any plane you have." A few did go be flight attendants just to be able to be in the air, even if from the back serving drinks, but many never flew again. I am grateful to live during the times I do.

The other day, I don't remember what happened, but somebody did something wrong and it really irritated Kaylee, and she was talking about some form of revenge. I told her that her doing the wrong thing didn't make anything better, and asked her if that's what Jesus would want her to do. She muttered "No. But Daddy would like it." It was probably not the best lesson that we both snickered for a second...

No comments: