Tuesday, April 28, 2009

May What??

Okay, that's it, I'm officially irritated now. Kaylee had ballet today, and when she walked out, she was carrying a paper having to do with her ballet recital and professional photos. And the date of these photos this year? Saturday, May 16th, at 3:30 p.m. I said, out loud, "You have GOT to be kidding me!!" Is there NO other weekend in May for anybody to have scheduled anything? So now we've got the FKR fly-in, the Painton fly-in, Kaylee's recital photos, Kaylee's slumber party, her Awanas awards ceremony, and Alonna's graduation, all on the same day(s)--Devon's birthday. Six things in three different states at the same time, and the only reason I'm irritated is because I want to do them all! *sigh*

I spent the morning working at the office. I was all alone there, too-Chuck was gone, Steve was gone, nobody was hanging out, and it was a cool, gray, overcast, rather unpleasant day all around. So I entered time sheets and fuel sheets and pilot supplies and payments and all that stuff for awhile, and then I started doing some web research on the history of Nathan's Mustang to pass on to someone else for a project they are working on. I have to admit, that was pretty interesting for me, reading the history of that, well, dataplate anyway. The actual airframe has been replaced in large part a few times due to about two accidents in a row. One accident made me groan in particular. They rebuilt it after it had an accident, and then for its FIRST FLIGHT back, a guy took it up with a passenger, he had no medical and pretty much no real training in Mustangs, and an oil line had been installed improperly, his engine seized and he had to make an emergency landing in a field, ripping up the plane again. On its maiden flight. Illegally. Ugh. At least nobody was killed. It's been "Unruly Julie" and "Saturday Night Special", but "Checkertail Clan" is definitely the best reincarnation of it, with the history of the 325th Fighter Group it was painted to honor, and I have been so thrilled to meet some of the men who actually flew the Checkertail Mustangs during the war. I'm grateful to have had that chance while they were still here. I'm not usually terribly sentimental, but I fail a bit where this plane is concerned. Apparently it's a "girl" thing, but I am admittedly attached.

My laptop now has a blue line dissecting the screen (which it's had for awhile) and now the battery charger isn't plugging in properly, meaning I'll be in the middle of something and boom, the computer goes dead. I have to wiggle/jiggle the cord to get it to start charging again. This is not good. In fact, I'm still irritated. I think I'll go eat the last half of my seafood subway sandwich for dinner while it recharges. :)

No comments: