I've never dyed my hair, I actually like it the way it is, but Kaylee is going to be all over that as soon as I let her. Every Halloween she insists on wearing a different hair color-she was pink for awhile, longer than we expected in fact since "temporary" doesn't mean "temporary" on blond-headed children, thanks for that warning folks, blond for the princess, she was a redhead for Arial, she went black for goth girl, and she is always asking me when she can get a perm
and/or dye her hair. She wants to change her hair like a clothing accessory and she's chomping at the bit over that and earrings both. :) My girly girl. :)Speaking of my girly girl, I got her cheer pictures back today. It's funny, she looks exactly the same as last year in everything but her hair. Even her pose is similar. In the group photo she is the only girl not looking at the camera, but she has a nice smile on. I've taken her out of cheer for a bit here, and she doesn't seem to mind having the Monday off at all, which is good.
I keep running into the same Bible verse in weird places. Isaiah 40:31. "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall soar on wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." I don't remember where all I saw the verse yesterday, but one place was on the Caringbridge website for Alan Henley, the AeroShell formation pilot who became paralyzed after taking a fall while playing with his children in his basement. His wife posted that verse yesterday on the site they use to keep people up-to-date on his health. Then today it came through in a blog entry someone else wrote, and just now I paused writing this to brush my teeth, and when I was done I picked up a magazine in the bathroom, assuming it was an aviation one as they almost all are, but instead found it to be the magazine from Cedarville College (now University) which I attended just before flight school. I thumbed through it just now, the theme was flying higher, including a reporter who got to go on a Blue Angels flight (lucky thing!) and on the last page was Isaiah 40:31 written out again. When people would ask me even as a young teen what my "favorite" verse in the Bible was, this was it. There was a tradition that I can't exactly remember (having slept since then) at the church I attended for a couple of years in high school that involves signing the basement wall with your name, the date, and the Bible verse that meant something to you. That's what I chose. By that point I had already been saving up my money in a giant hot pink crayon bank to take flying lessons some day, and the verse mentioned strength and wings and flying like an eagle, imagery I could find peace and comfort in. I guess the verse is following me this week for some reason, and the associated messages that were written out with the verse were a positive and uplifting (so to speak) reminder which I have appreciated. :)
Kaylee is trying to learn her 3 sections for Awanas tonight and she's not in the mood so it's giving her fits. Or she's giving me fits. Or something like that. :) I guess we'd better go study together. Too bad one of her verses isn't Philipians 2:14. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment