Thursday, March 05, 2009

Blown

Dulce loves it when Spring hits too. She is out on the deck pacing around the windows with her nose to the crack in the door just waiting for us to open something. So today I opened some of the windows, and she ran along the ledge sniffing the air like it was food to a starving person. Meanwhile, Roadie is totally freaked out at the sound of the wind (it is seriously windy today) and has hidden in the opposite end of the house. Crazy cats.

Today was Kaylee's first day of Level Two gymnastics, and she was actually a little nervous. She came out of her room late at night to talk to me about some of her concerns, and she talked about it more in the car on the way to school the other day, and yet again on the way home from school today. That's really unlike her, so we just talked about what to expect, what she could do if certain things happened, and so forth. She went in today and had a great time, none of her fears came true, and she even started learning new "moves" that she thought were neat. I'm watching her go up into a handstand and fall backwards and land with her back arched and then collapsing upside down because she hasn't learned how to land yet, and it looks like she's going to break her neck. I didn't tell her that. But she did great, likes her new coach/teacher, likes the size of her class, and likes the new stuff she is learning.

On the way home from school, Kaylee also said that her teacher (jokingly) wished for the days of paddling to come back. Kaylee said that Mrs. H told them that in the old days, they used to PADDLE kids in SCHOOL if they weren't good, and used a big board, and that if they got spanked at school they'd get it at home, too! When I told her that was the way it was when I was a kid too, she was just shaking her head. It was just hard for her to imagine getting spanked in school. I told her I never got spanked at school though. I was a good girl, thank you! Besides, hearing that huge wooden paddle whistle down and crack on Michael's backside and watching him waddle back into the room all red-faced and red-eyed was enough incentive for most borderline troublemakers to quash the urges. :O

Michaele took this picture, I don't remember when, of her husband dressed up in "farmer" garb with a show shotgun (fake), and he pretended to shoot me down when I flew down the runway...chasing off deer. Later they PhotoShopped it to give me two flaming engines, and I thought that was pretty funny. Since I just ran into the picture again, I thought I'd stick it up. :)

1 comment:

lovesam1122 said...

Laura,

I had to laugh at your story about Kaylee and the spankings at school. I do remember to wander over here once in a while.

Georgia