This whole week is just Gone, in a flash. I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already. I'm not ready. I haven't studied for the weekend, I haven't gotten the house ready, I haven't gotten Kaylee's book order ready or her chore chart updated; I just can't believe it's the end of the week already.
Nothing new today. I flew this morning at Sheridan for a couple of hours, and made it back in time for lunch with Steve, Chuck, Nathan, Joe, Jon & Katie, then on to errands, a little work at home, a store run, picking up Kaylee from school. I took her right to gymnastics. She wanted to take a private lesson with a teacher one on one to try to catch up from where she fell behind last year, so we did that. The good news is, she did better one-on-one. The bad news is, she did better one-on-one. :) This isn't going to be a permanent arrangement, because it's a little steep to do cheer, gymnastics, and private lessons every week. But I'll use it now and then to help her move forward, now that she's focusing and working harder at it again.
Today at gymnastics, I found myself sitting next to a soap opera. :( A woman in her early 30s was there with her mother who looked like she was in her 50s or so, and three kids. One was in class, and the other two ran wild, screaming, knocking into people, etc. This grown woman was texting some man things like, well, mean things, and telling her mother out loud about it, and they would both cackle and laugh at his increasingly angry responses, which they also shared out loud. This culminated in him calling on the phone, them letting it go to voice mail and then listening to the voice mail on speakerphone. Everyone in the room could hear him yelling and shouting and cursing her up one side and down the other, and they just sat there and laughed. Fortunately, Kaylee was in class and couldn't hear, but there were a LOT of small children in the room. It was just...sad. So why didn't I say anything to them? Because my child wasn't affected and it was fairly obvious they were the type of person to escalate a situation. I'd have left it up to the owner to deal with them, anyway. *sigh*
On another note, Kaylee and I had a discussion about learning. She said that she has passed cartwheels in gymnastics but she can't in cheer. She said that the cheer coach will yell and be very demanding about it, and that she can't do it right then because she gets flustered. I told her that some people learn better in that format and some people can't learn at all that way, and she informed me that she can't do it right when someone yells at her. I told her I understood-that I've never dealt well with that method of teaching either. I told her I just ignored some of my 'teachers' who were like that, but that I know it's hard. So later tonight she told Steve all about it too, and informed him that I ignored it but that she couldn't. :) I told her I TRIED to ignore it, not that I was always successful at it! Anyway, I think the private lessons with a more patient person will help her master them a bit more for when she gets with the less patient person. Steve and I also both told her that if anything the teacher says really bothers her, to tell us about it and we would take care of it. Me first.
When we got home, I walked around the kitchen counter and found that Kaylee had a humongous mess on the floor-Goldfish cracker crumbs, play dough crumbs, just her whole floor was covered over there. I've never seen anything like it, not even when she was a two-year-old. She is in general very neat when it comes to eating. I told her that she was going to have to clean that up herself, and when she asked how, I got out the broom and the vacuum and told her to sweep it all to the carpet then vacuum it up. She asked something about the cleaning people, to which I responded that there was no way she was going to make a mess like that and leave it for anyone else, including me or them, to clean up! She decided that the vacuum is heavy and the broom isn't very efficient at picking up little stuff and that next time she would be a little more careful with her crumbs. ;)
Well, I have quite a few things I need to do before I get sleepy tonight...Happy Friday tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment