Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lounging

We all took a much-needed break today from the outside world. Kaylee slept in until 9, and I got up sometime after that. It's the latest I've slept since...I can't even remember.

Kaylee made chocolate chip pancakes with Steve, and they were better than IHOP's version. :) I even sprinkled more chips on top of mine and microwaved them to soft gooeyness, because nothing says "healthy breakfast" like a layer of melted chocolate on top. Yum.

As for me, I shamelessly admit to sitting around with no makeup and messy hair and comfy pants, wearing my one-armed glasses and reading the latest Jonathan Kellerman novel while eating extra cheesy Goldfish crackers and drinking Diet Mt. Dew. Three hundred and fifty-three pages later the book is finished, leaving me with nothing deep to chew on, but at least a filling up of my "calm and restful" bag.

The winds today were gusting up to around 40 knots, and knocked over Kaylee's basketball hoop outside. It was nice sitting in the comfort of our own home, listening to the wind bluster, and have nowhere to have to go and nothing to have to do. A little tranquility...

No comments: