Thursday, June 19, 2008

Slacker Thursday

Steve's Part of the Day:

He flew, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. It almost seems like he's home early since it's now 8:30 p.m., it's still light outside, and he's home before bed time. One of his students just soloed an airplane for the first time, one just passed his instrument rating checkride, and several more are getting close to getting their licenses. If you think about it, he's helping a lot of people follow what could range from a goal to a dream. Not a bad way to make a living. :) He's now setting up his daughter's walkie talkies so she can chat at him from her room when she's supposed to be going to bed. ;)

Kaylee's Part of the Day:

Kaylee spent a lot of the day with her Grandma and Grandpa. They took her shopping at Goodwill, which is a great place for a budget-conscious seven-year-old, and the one thing she really wanted to get was a present for me. So she spent half of the money she had (just over $4) on a pair of gold dress sandals with high wedge heels, for me. What a sweet girl. She was so pleased to hand them to me, had such a happy smile to give me a gift. She said I don't have many shoes so she wanted to get me a pair of pretty shoes. Kaylee also passed her cartwheels at gymnastics today! She was so excited to do that, she's been trying for a long time to get those cartwheels, and she was so proud of herself for finally mastering them. I'd told her I would take her out for ice cream once she passed them, so today I asked her if she wanted to go get her ice cream, and she said "Can we do it tomorrow? I'm tired. I've had a very busy day you know." Oh my! :)

My Part of the Day:

I did some work during the morning, made some phone calls, etc. When it was lunch time, I got a text about Greencastle, IN which is one of the few closer restaurants to fly to and eat now that Muncie's restaurant is permanently closed. So Chuck, Nathan and myself flew on down to Greencastle in the Baron. (Their tilapia sandwich is quite tasty by the way). When we left there, we flew south of Indy a bit and you could really see the flooded areas clearly from the air. The area where the river blew out into the surrounding fields and left a swath of mud and muck. There was a little town there that was just high enough to have missed the water and mud, but it was almost an island-surrounded by the brown mess. We then went over to Huntington to check on the T-6 progress, and it's great! They're probably going to test run it for the first time tomorrow, and the first test flight won't be far behind. I can't wait to see it fly-I'm like a kid at Christmas and it isn't even my plane. :) A little more work in the evening, and it's time to wind down...

No comments: