I woke up this morning a little left of center (that means 'off' for any literalists out there) ;), and a little too early, and then couldn't get back to sleep. Kaylee crawled in bed with me this morning and fell back asleep, but I couldn't sleep, so I just got up. Awhile later, Kaylee woke up screaming in my room, just lying in bed and screaming. I go running in there to see what the problem is, and the problem is that my cell phone was going off on the end table and it annoyed her. I guess kids just do what sometimes adults feel like doing-waking up with annoyed scream that sleep has been so rudely interrupted. She's been short-tempered and cranky all day, which hasn't helped improve my mood any either. So we go to lunch, and meet up with Nathan, who says right away that he had trouble getting up this morning and isn't in a peppy frame of mind either. Steve walks into lunch 20 minutes late after dealing with his 4,002nd phone call of the day, gritting his teeth. Meanwhile, Chuck stated that he was in a perfectly good mood, poor guy. ;) I'm not sure if his windshield mood has withstood all the bug moods splattering on it today, but I hope so. ;)
Let's see. I worked this morning on several things for the Kokomo Flight Training Centers, broke for lunch at Applebees, and then went out to Kokomo to pick up the rest of some SMA supplies that needed to be moved, and took them back to the storage area. I almost managed to run out of gas, so I stopped at a cheapy (well...) station as the first thing I could find, and my car took 15.5 gallons of fuel at $4.19 per gallon. Almost $65 to fill up my car, which is just unbelievable. Oh, and since people had asked, I figured it up today and my car got 16.8 mpg this fill-up. Almost all in-town driving around, all the time. What else was surprising is that I thought I only had a 15 gallon tank in my car. So I looked it up and it claims to have an 18 gallon tank. Good to know how much room I had left as my needle hovered at the "E".
Kaylee was asking if we could go home yet, but I told her I had to go to the post office and the grocery store too. Cats that are out of crunchy food are unhappy cats. We go run our errands, and finally she says "Can we go HOME now?" I told her that this is what I do all day while she's at school, and that she's going to have to put up with some of it too. :)
At the grocery store, Kaylee sees the total of the grocery bill, and she looks at me in some dismay and says "Mommy, you bought food for me too, and that's a lot of money. I need to give you some of my money." I told her not to worry about it, that it was my job as mom to take care of her food needs for now. We walk outside, and Kaylee looks up and says "Mommy, is it bad of me to say that I'm going to give you some of my money whether you want it or not?" She was quite dead serious. I make it home and unload everything, and she comes up to me with her $1.52 she had in her purse, and she insists I take it. When I refused and explained why again, even mentioning that I owed her allowance money, she was really bothered, offended, upset, and insistent. So I took her $1.52. I told her thank you and that it was very kind and generous of her...
While I was at the store, I got a phone call from the long-time girlfriend of one of our instructors, who said that there was a family emergency and she needed to reach him asap. He is having to leave town right away, and I really hope to hear better news about his son soon. He has a packed out flight schedule, so my job this afternoon was to call his students and inform them of what's going on and trying to prioritize (some are ready for checkrides, etc.) and get taken care of what we can.
I also got to call an internet company to find out about service to Nathan's hangar and why it wasn't working. The service tech was actually quite helpful, and diagnosed it as an antenna problem from a distance, which is what the guys thought it was too. But then he sent me over to schedule a "service call", and the woman told me it would be Wednesday. I paused, and then said with a laugh "Any particular time frame in there?" "No", she replied. No?! I said "Well, this is a hangar out at an airport, and we do not just sit out there all day long. I'm going to need a better idea of time than 'sometime on Wednesday'." She said "Oh, would you like us to call you prior to coming out?" I left the "You THINK??" unsaid and went with "That would be great, thanks." since my mother did teach me manners. :) So sometime between 1-6 p.m. on Wednesday, we may get a call that they are coming out to fix it. Sheepers.
On the slightly head-shaking side, here is a tutorial on how to nap, just in case anyone hadn't figured it out yet.
Last night, Kaylee asked me if I would put up a webpage for her. I told her she already had one, and she said "I know, but I want to put something on there. I want to put up a listing of kid shows with how many points I think they all should get, and I want everybody to be able to see it on line. Will you do that for me?" So, when I get some time here, I am adding a page to Kaylee's site of kid and tween shows and how many points they each get in her opinion. Pretty soon she's going to be wanting her own MySpace page or something! :O
When it was time to go to her cheer class, Kaylee informed me that she did not want to go. I asked her if she wanted to stop cheer classes altogether, and she said "No! I just don't want to go today. We've been so busy, and we just got back, and then the recital wore me out, and I'm just tired today." I told her that if she ended up being too tired to go to cheer too many times coming up here, that we would drop it completely. She said that wouldn't happen, she just needed a break. So this evening she gets a break.
This day is going to keep going for awhile even though it's 5:30. Steve's out flying, and I have a lot to do prior to our Meet & Greet function at the airport coming up soon, including getting a stack of letters off into the mail by tomorrow. So I guess I've put it off long enough...
No comments:
Post a Comment