I woke up this morning feeling mostly human again. It took awhile, but by lunch I felt good enough to venture out, which I did successfully. Of course afterwards I was a little wiped out, but it felt good to leave my house/couch for a little while. I think the Zycam helped keep it not quite as severe or as long-lasting as Steve's, because I never did get quite as bad as he did.
It is almost 80 degrees and sunny here, which makes everything look brighter. ;) This won't last long, as we have lines of thunderstorms headed our way, but at least for today I can leave my windows and doors open and enjoy the breeze.
When it came time to pick up Kaylee from school, the Corvette was just sitting in the driveway, so I figured...why not. Neither she nor her teacher recognized me in the car, and I had to roll down the window and wave at her to get her to come out. The first thing she said to me was "Does Daddy know you took the Corvette?" I said "Nope." She said "You didn't ask him first?" I said "NO I didn't ask him first, this is both our car to drive." She said "I know." Did I ask first. Harrumph. ;) Kaylee wore a big grin all the way home. I offered to take her out on the back roads and go a little faster, and at first she was all for it, but then she decided she just wanted to get home and catch bugs with Grandpa. This was also okay with me, because my original plan was to try to take her to Chuck E Cheese, which I owe her for her all A report card, but by this point I had run out of reserves and needed to go home and rest myself. So, home it was. When I got home, Grandpa was outside, and Kaylee yells to him "This is Mommy's first time driving this car!" I said to her "It is NOT!" She looks at me and says "Well, it's the first time I'VE ever seen you drive it, and the first time you've ever driven me in it." Apparently this was a needed little drive for me to make with her today. ;) What she doesn't know is how tight the garage is and how far the nose of the car sticks out and how when Steve gets home and reads this the first thing he's going to do is go check the front end and see if I bumped into anything when I parked it. He he. As for Kaylee, she is STILL out collecting bugs (or trying-there aren't many to be found today). I put up the picture I took of her, and the two pictures she took of me/us in the Vette, up on her site. She's funny.
Speaking of bugs, Kaylee will play the part of a "Praying Mantis" at a school play she is performing in on May 22nd. Apparently they didn't get into how the female eats the head off the male after they mate part of it, which is good, as it's not something I'm ready to explain. ;) Today the teacher told me that another lady may have a costume for Kaylee so I won't have to make one. MAKE ONE?! Nobody said anything about making one! We'd all better hope I don't have to make a praying mantis costume. I'm seeing...green decorating paper with sticks glued to it for arms and legs... *sigh*
Sunshine, health (relatively speaking anyway), Corvette ride, not having to create a bug costume, and lots of big toothy grins from seven-year-old She Who Needs A Bath from playing in the dirt this afternoon. Yep, Happy Days are here. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment