Today was another rainy, cold, gray day, but at least it was Wednesday. Wait...
I worked on business cards this morning, and went to the store to stock up on emergency rations. Lunch was Mexican, after which I ran to the airport to drop off business cards and talk to a couple of people, then on to Glenndale to do a little bit more work prior to going to get Kaylee. Kaylee had a good day at school today, thankfully-her teacher gave me a thumbs-up when I picked her up. This afternoon when we got home, she had to do her Book In A Bag, where you read four books (all along the same theme), complete three activities and fill out a journal. They do this every other week, and this week it was about "Moms". One of the books she read was called "What Moms Can't Do", and it was a concept rather over the head of a seven year old. One of the examples was "Moms can't make a basket all by themselves" and showed a mom holding up her son to the basket for him to make it. Kaylee reads about three pages of things like that, then stops and looks at me with this puzzled look on her face, and says "That doesn't make sense. Why couldn't a mom do this stuff? YOU can." I tried to explain that it was a little tongue-in-cheek but finally I just had to give up. :) One of her activities was to draw three pictures of me. One of me at home, one of me at work, and one of me at play. For the picture of me at play, she drew us playing a game together. For the picture of me at home, she was torn between drawing a picture of me reading a book or me on the computer. Computer won. And for me at work, she drew me in an airplane. (She's actually not a bad little artist, something she definitely did not get from me.) I was amused and not surprised that for the "home" drawing she didn't draw me vacuuming or dusting...
Oh, Kaylee also informed us today at the office that she knows where babies come from, and from the content she whispered in our ear, she's gotten a little bit of info from somewhere. Supposedly a girl at school-probably one with an older sibling would be my guess. Steve passed that buck off to me in record speed. ;)
Well, I may not be capable of a wordless Wednesday, but I can have one paragraph which can be conveyed by a photo. Enjoy! (I am!)

No comments:
Post a Comment