Well, one of the Top Tens for today was how to travel with five children on a long trip and have fun. I couldn't possibly follow that one, since not only do I not travel with five children, my long trips are usually at max 3 hours in an airplane. ;) Plus it's 12:30 in the morning and I need to not try to come up with anything too creative at this hour so I can go to bed and get my beauty rest, which everyone will readily admit I need, I'm sure!
Let's see. Kaylee had a good day, brought home all excellent grades and was invited to two birthday parties this coming weekend.
As for me, I got a *lot* done today. I got through a ton of paperwork. I've gotten a very large pile down to two small piles; one personal, one SMA. Tomorrow I'm attacking the SMA pile, and the next day hopefully the personal one. I then have 160 emails in my inbox to attack after that. But I threw away a LOT of stuff, I got a ton done, and I'm feeling pretty good about all this. Progress and organization always feel better.
Let's see. I saw something on TV that made me actually agree with a Clinton, which has got to be the first time that has ever happened. I don't even like Chelsea, but she is in Indiana right now along with her parents, on a political tour. Somebody in the audience asked her about her dad's affair with Monica Lewinsky. Her response was "I really don't think that's ANY of your business." You know what, she's right, whether I like her and her parents or not. What a gross, rude question to ask a daughter of her father.
I returned several phone calls, RSVPd to two birthday parties for this weekend, got about 8 things ready for the US Post Office including letters to my grandparents, got billing entered at the office and done at home as well, and all in all had myself a VERY productive day. I am feeling only somewhat behind today as opposed to terribly, embarrassingly behind. This is good.
This morning the Today Show had a segment on whether or not chocolate was actually good for you. The expert for the day said that dark chocolate in particular had some good benefits, but the fat, sugar and calories far outweighed the benefits of chocolate. Then they introduced "Super Chocolates", which are chocolates, chocolate drinks and chocolate bars ramped up with the good-for-you stuff with the fat and calories removed. Also known as "Not Really Chocolate", thank you very much. After watching a story about chocolate for 15 minutes, I had to go crack open my Dove bar and have a couple of squares for breakfast. What can I say, I do my part to work on healthy eating...
Well, I'm not sure what I'm missing from today, but I'll catch up to you tomorrow. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment