Let the game begin. :)
I slept in pretty late this morning, unfortunately because I woke up way early and couldn't get back to sleep for hours, so by the time I DID get back to sleep, I should have been getting up. Oh well, that's what days of rest are for...
Kaylee wrote out a list of things she'd like to do with us today, and went through them one by one until her list was complete. Things like playing the Wii, watching a couple of shows on the TV, having an underwear fight (don't ask), playing games, you know, that kind of fun kid stuff. Yesterday she fell off of the guest bedroom's bed and landed on a wooden shoe, bruising her rear end. Today she slipped by the bed and slammed her shin bone onto a wooden slat on the bed, causing a pretty good bruise there most likely too. I suggest she be a little more careful around that bed, myself, and considering how loud she was shrieking both times, I'm guessing our neighbors may be one fall away from calling Child Protective Services on us.
I cooked up some cheesy potatoes and some mini corn dogs, Steve heated up some chili and put them with scoops chips with cheese for some nachos, we broke out the Vanilla Coke Zero and Dt. Mt. Dew, and it was SuperBowl time.You know the bad thing about the SuperBowl is that there is no good time to leave. If you leave during the game, you miss parts of the game, and if it's not a blow-out boring game, you don't want to do that. If you leave during the commercials, you miss the comedy. So I left during the half-time show and found out that Tom Petty had a great show. Figures.
WHAT a game!! That was awesome!! The Giants win! One of the biggest upsets in SuperBowl history. Little 'kinda rookie' Eli Manning, whom they were ragging on the beginning of the season, takes out the 'seasoned' Golden Boy Brady.
*Laura Dances Around Her Living Room*
p.s. Could somebody *please* get "New Soul" by Yael Naim out of my head?? Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment