I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, and I pretty much stayed there most of the day. :) Ever have one of those days? Oh wait, I've asked that before, and related it to "Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield." Well, some days are fine, but you're Cranky Anyway!
I could not get out of bed this morning, I was SO tired. I finally rolled out of bed, rather late, making me a little late getting Kaylee ready for school. We're rushing around a little, I pull up the major TV channels, and Kaylee's school isn't listed as closed or anything, and neither are most Kokomo schools, so I rushed her to the car and drove to school. She hops out, pulls on the door, and it's locked. *sigh* The roads were Very icy at this point, and I'd had to drive twice as slow. Kaylee asked me if we were going to be late, and I'd said "Maybe, but it's better to go slower and be late, but be safe." She said "Can I tell Mrs. D that?" I asked her why, and she said "Because I think what you said is really smart." lol Thank you, dear. :) Anyway, I got back home and called the school, who told me that 1) they are on a two-hour delay, 2) their handbook that they'd mailed us when Kaylee originally signed up for the school had all the places where they listed their school for delays or closings, and 3) that they list on four radio stations and the Fox channel. I had to bite my lower lip and I was now *definitely* not in a good mood. Kaylee enjoyed watching a cartoon for awhile this morning, I had time to take my shower and get ready, and then I hauled her back off to school an hour and some later. Again, the roads were just not great.
I headed to the post office and the grocery store, and just got home in time to do a few minutes of work before heading back right next to Kaylee's school again, for the third time, this time to eat lunch at Applebees next door with Chuck, Nathan, Steve and Dale. Everybody was quiet today, I think either I frightened people with my bad mood, or everybody else was kind of tired too! :)
I came home for just a little while, and then it was time to drive back to Kaylee's school, for the fourth time, and pick her up. I dropped her off at the office (whose roads are *really* bad by the way), and then went to get my Flight Medical renewed. I passed, naturally, and am now good to go for hire for another year, and just to fly for another 3 years. However, I have to mention that there's one thing I can NOT stand doing at these medicals. Or any other doctor appointment. It's something I was never very good at as a little kid, either. Can you guess what it is? Mom can. ;) Okay, okay. I can't stand having to leave (or worse yet, in the past had to carry) ...samples. Enough said!
I picked up Kaylee from the office just in time to throw on her Awanas outfit, go over her verses, and haul her to Awanas. Left there and headed to Olive Garden with Steve, and we had a lovely dinner until it was time to pick her back up. It's cold and snowy here, we got about 2" or so, with another possible 2-4" in the next couple of days. The roads are bad, the temps are not that far from zero, and the winds are going to be picking up too, which won't help with the roads or anything else for that matter.
Anyway, I have to head to bed, it's late! Fortunately for me, my evening perked up from dinner on, and I think my cranky mood finally bit the dust, something for which I am sure there are several people grateful. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment