My day started off with the knowledge that my purse and two, yes, the *only* two keys to my car were all locked inside my car. (I don't want to talk about it, I don't want to hear about it, I don't want suggestions for future avoidance of it, so delete the email and let's move on!) So after I drove Kaylee to school in Steve's Jeep, I came home and started making phone calls. First to the dealership where I purchased the car-which happens to be over an hour away. They could make me a key, but of course I'd have to go get it. After arranging this, he then casually mentions, "Or you could call up Kokomo Chrysler and they could make one for you too." *Smacks Forehead and Replies Calmly* "Since they're right here in town with me, that would be great, thanks! I'll go call them!" I call them, and sure enough, I just have to come over and they'll make me one based on my VIN#. (By the way, that was way too easy. I just read my VIN# off the windshield of my car to him and he goes and makes me a door key, no questions asked, no ID asked for when I got there. Yikes.) Luckily I remembered to steal $20 from Steve's wallet since mine was locked in my car, because when I picked up the key they charged me $10. Well spent, I'd say, and cheaper than a locksmith.
I was supposed to fly with Ty in the Baron after I dropped Kaylee off at school, so I texted him to let him know of the problem. He called me back, and was getting *way* too much enjoyment out of the situation. I suggested he wait to hang up before laughing that hard, but he couldn't quite manage it. That's okay, I have my ways to get even...and trust me, I shall. ;)
It actually worked out that we didn't fly, as about 30 minutes into what would have been our flight time, I looked outside and the weather had gone from severe clear to 400 overcast and 3 miles, which would certainly not have worked for what we were trying to do.
So next I come home to unlock my car with my new key-the key that the nice man had told me "Do NOT put in the ignition or it will destroy your system." Um, okay, I now have a new fear. Please tell me I'd remember something that important?? Anyway, it does its job perfectly, and I'm on my way to run errands. Post office, then the store to pick up Kaylee snacks and hair stuff, then off to get some hairs ripped off my head with wax, and finally the book store because I have to go to McDonald's Playland soon and I can't do that without soothing myself with reading material.
So that's my Monday before 10 a.m. How's yours going?? :P
1 comment:
I do have one suggestion for that key that can never be put into your engine... get a magnetic hide a key. Stuff the key in there with neverdull packed around it, and tuck it up inside your front bumper. Promise, you'll never have to worry again!
Post a Comment