Saturday, June 20, 2026

T-6ing

Twas a good day.

Early wake-up call, but for a good cause. Took our CFI Ashley in the back seat of the T-6 down to Noblesville Airport for their bi-annual pancake breakfast. Everybody goes, from all over. They give a free breakfast to the pilot, but they get so much car traffic in they still make a lot of money. We usually pay for our meal anyway just to support their event.

Flying down with Ashley, I let her fly, and she was having fun with that. Then I showed her some more aggressive maneuvering, and she really enjoyed that. lol On the way home she said "Can you do the stuff again?" so I did a bit more, and we had fun. 

I ran into about everybody down there. Photographers, friends, pilots, many of them. When I walked up to the cash register, Brian there said "She's nothing". I said "No, I gave my ticket to Ashley so she's nothing, but I'm something". Then I said "I'm NOTHING? How rude". lol He meant I don't get charged anything because I flew in. It just sounded funny.

We got back to Kokomo after 10:30, and then I waited around until 1 pm. Billy W. came in then with his daughter and we talked and came up with a plan for the Haynes Apperson parade fly-over. 1:35 I fired up, 1:45 we took off together and circled over north of town, and 1:58 pm we hit the town square after the National Anthem and started off the parade.  Except the clock I was using for a second hand, suddenly my second hand was gone and I couldn't get it back and I no longer knew when to start our run down Main Street. So I had to guess, which was uncool, and we ended up being a little early. Early is better than late, but on time is best. Of course. 

Meanwhile, Billy's daughter was unhappy in the plane and he was having trouble concentrating, but he stayed right with me and supposedly we looked good. Hope so!

All in all, a good day was had.

Steve piddled around the house, and then we had ribeyes he grilled out for dinner tonight, I made my corn, Kaylee came over, and we had a Father's Day day on Saturday. Steve lit a fire in the pit in the back yard, and we all sat out there, had a drink, hung out and talked. Ended the night with a movie, and it was really nice day.


On the way to pancakes

Meet Ashley. I think she likes it back there :)

Back of my head

T-6 departing...




Fire in the back yard :)

No comments: