Sunday, May 24, 2026

Anniversary

As of today, Steve and I have been married for 30 years. Talk about feeling old. ;)

We had talked about going down to French Lick and spending a day or two down there in the fancy hotel, having a fancy dinner, but...I went first and said that I thought maybe we should stay home this weekend, that it has been a tight winter and we should maybe be a little more conservative on funding for now. Then Steve said he had a lot to catch up on and he wouldn't mind being home either. So home we decided to stay. Fortunately neither of us gets weird about milestone stuff for the most part, or holidays, or whatever, so no hurt feelings as far as I know. ;)

We celebrated at home. Steve had gotten some ribeyes to cook up for tonight, and some cabernet wine, and I made corn with cream cheese. He was going to do it on the grill, but unfortunately after he fired up the grill, he ran out of propane. Doh! So instead he made them on the cast iron skillets in the house, except they smoked up the whole house so badly the smoke alarm was going off and we had all the doors open trying to get the haze out. Ha. Kaylee came over with Molly, and we ate dinner, toasted 30 years, and enjoyed the family company.

Steve worked on some house projects, both Kaylee and our house and yards. He got a lot done and was pleased. I spent a lot of time today still working on my Facebook hack job. My ad account was hacked by Thailand fellows. Five Thai names were added as admins to my account. I don't use the ad account, and they didn't get any of my money, but they were using Thai money to put in and use my account to shoot out a bunch of bad ads, 22 of them, before Facebook/Meta shut down my ad account.  It is different from my actual FB account, and that's fine. I have spent two days trying to get rid of those five guys. I did everything I can on my own, but now I need a Meta human account support person to remove the 5 people. And I can't get a human. It keeps saying "We're at capacity, try again in a couple hours", and over 2 days, they've never been anything but "too busy to see you right now try again". No queue so you can't just wait them out. No phone number. Just this Meta AI who has to connect you to a human if you get lucky enough to find one. We'll see how that goes, but in the meantime, at least everything I use is secure/shut down.

Watching the Season Finales of Marshalls and Tracker, two shows we like. Nothing happening tomorrow, just a day off. Then a flight on Tuesday.  Still trying to get BOB.

And...onward.

No comments: