Kaylee's kitchen and bathroom are painted and the bathroom has new flooring in it. They are almost done over there, just have to put back in light fixtures and shower curtains and then she can start hanging stuff on her wall again and cleaning up. She's also getting Chuck's old giant TV for her living room, and is looking forward to that.
Kaylee created a monster with Molly, who now wants to go out for a walk all the time. Friday night she walked over to the deck where the guys were hanging out and didn't want to leave. It's really cold out and she is a floof ball and apparently is warm enough, because she really likes it outside, and when Kaylee made her go home, she stood at the door and meowed to go back out. lol
Yesterday we finally de-Christmased. The lights were cheery and bright out on Kaylee's deck, but it was time, and it took most of the day. I really don't enjoy that part of it. Putting up and taking down the stuff takes hours and hours, and isn't even as festive and bright as other people's houses except for the tree. I wish someone would just come in and do it for me and make it look all pretty, and then when it's over with, a couple weeks later, would come in and make it go away. Without me having to pay an arm and a leg ;) But it's gone now, and things are almost back to normal, except our houses are torn apart doing or waiting on doing some remodel stuff. We're living out of our guest bedroom for food, bringing it into the kitchen to eat whatever isn't in the fridge. You didn't realize how much you use stuff from the pantry until they pantry is gone and you have to hike for it.
Health-wise. If you remember, I'd had a spike of cholesterol for some reason two tests from different places to make sure it wasn't a fluke, took Citris Bergamot for awhile and the next tests it was back down. It's also supposed to help with blood sugar levels. Mine have been okay anyway. So Steve took it for a few months here, and then went in and got his blood work done. His blood sugar levels did drop, by a decent amount, but his cholesterol went up, and by a decent amount, too. We don't really want him on the statins as they have side effects too, but his cholesterol went from 177 to 235 off of them, so...experiment didn't work for him. :( Maybe for blood sugar. He's going to go off of it altogether and just go back on statins and see what his blood sugar does. If IT goes back up, he'll probably do both. There's mounting evidence that higher cholesterol levels aren't as bad as they used to say, and that statins are not great, however, being wrong and having a heart attack would be worse. *sigh*
On my end, I guess I've hit the weight gain phase of life. I've put on a lot of weight since the end of last April. I'm not eating any more or moving any less. So welcome to That Phase I guess, huh? Do research and it's all "do this do that don't do this don't do that" and they all contradict each other. Nor do I think I can live on all meat like the carnivore people swear by, I don't even like meat THAT much, nor can I imagine it's very healthy for you. Pretty sure that's not how we were designed to eat. Nor do I want to just not eat at all. So I find myself in a predicament a bit. I'll work on it more, again, but I still wish I could have a pill that sped up the metabolism without damaging your heart muscles.
Mostly I'm waiting here to find out when I can go pick up the Conquest. I'm supposed to get it from Michigan SOMETIME today, if they find out the wing fuel leak is fixed, and tomorrow I'm wheels up at like 6:30 am from Frankfort in it to Texas and Louisiana. It's Superbowl Sunday, and I'd like to relax, and instead I'm sitting here at home waiting for the 'go', at which time I have to give Morgan the 'go' and we have to go. Or not go. And if I can't take the Conquest I have to take the 340 which will take a Long, Long time, and make me get up at the ass crack of dawn. Actually pretty much still the night before. So, my fingers are crossed and I'm sitting here not relaxing, waiting to hear what the hell I'm doing.
It's now 9 pm, and it was decided. I got the text around 1:15 pm that the Conquest is done and ready for pick up. I texted Morgan and headed out to Kokomo, and I flew us into Iron Mountain, Michigan. We self-serve fueled up the Aerostar because they don't seem to have a fuel truck, which is dumb. I paid for the fuel on the Conquest, and then sent Morgan off for her first solo in the Aerostar. She was nervous, and of course did great. I flew the Conquest back to Kokomo to put it in our big hangar so I wouldn't have to get up so early tomorrow.
This did not go as planned. The Cheyenne tug, the belt came off of it as I was taking it out to the airplane, so I couldn't use it. I drag it back in place. I take the tug off of the 340 to use it. Get it on there no problem. It's very tight with the 50' wingspan, and I'm having to go very slowly and check both wing tips over and over and over, go a few inches or feet, and check again. I get it most of the way in only to see that the tail is not going to clear the 340 wingtip as is. The other tug is still down, so I take the tug off the Conquest and go over to the 340 to put it on that so I can push it back a couple of feet. I can't get the tug on the 340 in the hangar--the wheels just spin. No luck, at all. I get really mad at this point, because now I'm hosed. I put the tug back on the Conquest, and have to very slowly pull it back out of the hangar a few feet at a time while checking both wingtips. I have to close everything back up, hop in the Conquest, fly it to Frankfort, open that hangar, tug it away myself (by the way it's very cold and dark out too), text Morgan to come there to get me, fly back to Kokomo, put the Aerostar away there, then drive home. It was a debacle. PLUS it ran me lower on gas than I preferred. I still have enough, but it's going to be low fog in Louisiana and Texas tomorrow, and I liked having tons of gas. But nobody is open this late and won't be open that early to put more in, so I will have enough with extra but just tons extra. For now, fog is supposed to be on the entire coast down there until 11 am, and we're supposed to get there at 8:30 am. So I found a place I could stop at on the way down hopefully, about 75 miles away, that is just supposed to be IFR, not fog. And for now that's the plan. Kid named Ethan is going with me, one of our instructors who is headed to the airlines the first week in April, and has to get multi and IFR time logged by then. So I'm taking him on this trip to get both. He'll REALLY get both now. lol We meet at Frankfort at 6:30 am, which means leaving at 5:30 a.m., which still means getting up at a time with a 4 in it. *sigh*
The Superbowl is lame. New England can't do a darned thing on offense. The halftime show, I flipped around to both it and the TPUSA one to see what they were. I'm not a Bad Bunny fan, not because he's "not an American", which he is as a Puerto Rican, but because I don't dig his music and I usually listen to things in my own language so I can enjoy and understand them. The NFL halftime show was of course a huge full-on spectacular event. The TPUSA show was a small concert that had some (to me) good music. I thought it was funny they kept calling it the Kid Rock concert but he was only there for like 40 seconds singing half of one song which they interrupted with an interview he did with Joe Rogan about his faith, which was sorta funny listening to him talk about being a Christian in comparison to the lyrics of his song. lol But I did enjoy the other artists on there. Some of the commercials have been good, some we've already seen, some are weird or lame. Par for the course. I missed everything until at least 8:30 pm, so maybe I missed the good ones. ;)
Well, going to try to get sleepy soon so I can get to sleep before it gets too late. At least I know I'm not missing anything on this game if I go to bed before it's over. ;)
The Himalayan sea salt scent thingy Alonna got us for Christmas--so pretty and it smells good!
Ice on Lake Michigan. If you click on these and zoom in, you can see some wild patterns in the ice
Kinda pretty, actually!
Morgan on takeoff on her first solo ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment