I drove home, laid on the couch and halfway napped, but not really, then got up and went out to Glenndale for our EAA and Flying Squirrels meeting. There were a LOT of people there! Cameron did an IMC talk on autopilots, Jerry did a VMC talk on how make performance calculations out of Glenndale, then Dawn Brier got up to talk about her dad's life, the "Dale" in "Glenndale". It was sweet, and several of us shared stories about Dale, including me. He was a larger than life dude for most of his life.
Home and tired. Tomorrow I didn't have anything, but now I have to fly over to Iowa to pick up a guy who was working on BOB but who needs to go home tomorrow. Don't know if he knows how much money it costs to run back and forth, and Steve is annoyed he can't stay overnight and go home with everyone else, but I'm going to get him anyway. Just have to figure out how to get in and out of Logansport's big hangar after hours now.
Photos and an update from yesterday below, and now I'm caught up.
This on a vehicle in front of me today
A marshaller for pilots?!
Dawn talking tonight at the EAA meeting. There were another 20 people behind me.



No comments:
Post a Comment