Monday, July 28, 2025

Settling In

Steve, Greg, AE and Brennan stayed overnight and finished packing up this morning, then drove home from Oshkosh. They split up around Frankfort, Greg went home and Steve picked up his Jeep from there, and took Brennan back to Kokomo at Grindstone Charley's, where Brennan's girlfriend picked him up, and Steve, Kaylee and I ate dinner.

I spent the day organizing, cleaning up, trying to mow the lawn (can't figure out the electric mower), cleaning my coffee maker, taking out the recyclables, putting away my laundry, and hanging out and talking with Kaylee. I told her all the B-29 drama from when we were at Oshkosh and she was amazed that a bunch of adults were that bad at all of this. 

Kaylee is excited at having a couple of weeks off, now that she's finished her job at Radiant. She had an exit interview where they told her they'd love to have her back, that she went above and beyond what normal therapists do there when they leave, to make sure all of her clients were well taken care of and organized, and that there would be a spot for her if she ever wanted to come back. So that's always nice. She joined the local YMCA because they have a lot of group classes she's interesting in trying out. Ours is a nice one, newly refurbished, and a lot of options. I may go with her for one or two things if I have a day where I'm free to do it.

Now that Steve is back, he has the rest of our dirty laundry, towels, and bedding, so I have more laundry to do to catch up, which is fine. It's always good to get rid of the camp smell. He said the first thing he wants to do when he got home is use his own bathroom for as long as he wants, so I may see him tomorrow. lol

Nothing else exciting here. I'm just tired, organizing, and getting ready for the end of the week when things start picking up fast, and I may or may not have another day off for awhile...

No comments: