Wednesday, February 12, 2025

And So It Goes

Oil change went smoothly, lunch with Nathan, Kevin, Chuck and Steve was lovely, and then I stopped at CVS to pick up my "prescriptions" for my upcoming colonoscopy. All it is is Miralax and Dulcolax which are both over the counter, but they ran it through CVS in case insurance covered it. Well, insurance doesn't cover it, and I already own Dulcolax, so I left that there and just picked up the full bottle of generic brand Miralax. Two 32-oz things of Gatorade (non red) I still need to get, and some 'clear foods' options that I can "eat" on Monday, the prep day, and I'll be as ready as a person can get. It really seems unnecessary to take 4 Dulcolax and an entire bottle of Miralax all at once. 1 Dulcolax is usually enough to do the job in a decisive fashion for me. This seems like it's going to be unnecessarily nuclear. There should be a better way by 2025. They say do these every 10 years starting at age 45 now, and if they find something do it more often. I'm not sure I'll even do it every 10 years if they don't find anything interesting this time, which I'm not expecting they will. I don't think I have any family history of colo-rectal cancer. Eh. We'll see how this one goes.

My trip tomorrow is going to be interesting. We've got a winter storm moving through here, with ice, sleet and snow through tomorrow morning. The airport knows I want out at 9 am, and I'm less worried about home base than I am about my first stop, which already has 'braking action poor' going for it right now. Tomorrow is going to be windy, too, so windy and slick isn't a great combo. I'll need to leave the house early enough to be able to drive slowly too. *sigh* I hate winter.

Steve got us some blackout curtains for the bedroom. When Spring/Summer comes around, the light comes into the room as early as 5 am, and it wakes me up, even when I need to sleep in. Also, if I have a headache, the light in the room any time of day doesn't help, and I end up putting a pillow over my head. So he put in these new blackout curtains tonight, and we'll see how they do in the morning. :)  He also got new curtains or valances or whatever you want to call them for the front room, and they'll go on tonight too. Nothing fancy, or super different, just the first time they've been replaced up there since I moved in here in the 90s. So yeah, there's that. ;) 

Not much else going on. I have a little more planning for my trip tomorrow, some dinner to fix (spaghetti I do believe), and an email or post to continue working on regarding SMA Support. My first rough draft isn't right. Normally I don't do rough drafts, but in this case, I couldn't do it in one sitting for once. Had to go back and think on it some more...I think I have a better path/direction now. I just need some quiet space to be able to dive into it. I can't write when the TV is on in the background. That's why Round 1 happened at 1:30 am the other night after the household was quiet. lol

Kaylee got her heart monitor off after two weeks, and has to send it back in in the mail so they can 'read' it and get the data off of it. She's glad to have that back off. She's otherwise seemingly doing all right, as all right as any of us in the winter in Indiana are doing. I send her every few days a Spring update. Like this.

36 Days until Spring

Daylight increase today: 2 minutes 10 seconds

Overall cumulative increase since Dec. 21: 1 hour, 9 min, 35 seconds!!

Yay!!

No comments: