Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Volunteer Day

Quickly before I head to bed.

We had the Flying Squirrels today. It was the first week I've been able to make it this year, but I was kind of worn out and not in the mood, and it's still hotter than hell. We got rained out to start with, but after lunch we were able to get two flights in each. I had a young lady named Adeline who is super eager and excited and this was her second ever flight. Then a young man named Greyson, who wears a dress shirt and usually tie to each flying event, even though this is his 3rd year doing this, and he knows everyone else shows up in a t-shirt and shorts. He brings a briefcase with all his stuff, and dresses way up, to look the part of professional pilot. He makes me feel bad about myself for not setting a better example, and then I decide maybe I'm setting him the best example of all. ;)

We had ground school, lunch, and flights until 3:30 pm.  I then had an hour to get some things ready, and Steve and I drove down to Indy Metro to attend the CAF monthly meeting. We had food, and then a meeting, then stayed afterwards to do an "FEB Meeting" where we brought in Loren as a new pilot on BOB. I just have to train him and somehow find the way to do that.  Got home at like 10 pm, and now I have to get all the stuff organized from today, get ready for tomorrow's 3 legs of flights, set up Jacinta as a new media manager for one of the Facebook pages, get ready to pick an airline flight to go back out to Syracuse NY to pick up BOB, figure out the flight plan home so I can tell Loren whether or not he can come out too to do training on the way home, write back Kaylee who gets chatty in the evenings and misses us, send an email to our Ops Officer who has been way too apologetic and hard on himself for things that aren't his fault, and needs encouragement, charge up my stuff, talk to John R about his trip out to Texas with the weather, set up my schedule with two more flights Ethan wants to run next week, and go try to get some sleep to start over tomorrow. It's 11 pm now so I'm going to get going and hope I can get to sleep.

Onward.

Squirrels by the Tora airplanes

Adeline

She's sitting on 3 cushions and still can't reach all the way

CAF meeting, around the room, PT outside




No comments: