It has taken me all day today to get caught up on logbook, 340 log, photos, blog, RallyPoint, all the things. I just barely finished unpacking and doing a load of laundry, too.
Anyway, alarm went off again this morning at 5:30 am. A common scenario lately, as you may have noticed. My watch still alerts me as if to say "I know you. Are you actually up, here?"
I was at Frankfort Airport by 7 am, met up with Cameron, got the 340 ready, and then we headed to "Bad Axe, Michigan", which is a cool name, man. It's also like "Huron County", but we all called it "Bad Axe Traffic" because...that's cooler. We picked up Amber, and dropped her off at Delphi, then went back to Frankfort, and that was the end of my work day. I was home by like 10:30 am. But things did kind of keep going wrong.
I had two lids on my coffee cup from the airport, so it wasn't coming out right, and when I took the lid off to see why, it was two lids, and liquid was trapped in between them and I spilled coffee all over my pants. Not cool. I left the airport to go home, I'm hungry now, and my phone alerted me that I'd left my iPad in the plane. I almost left it, but I need it to update the plane's logs, which I was behind on. So I turned around and got it, an extra 10 minutes or so of driving. Steve would like me to pick up his drugs and some lunch, so I go to get the drugs....long line because it's noon. I go to Culver's, and the road is closed so I have to go around to the main highway and go backwards, which is an additional driving time and annoying. Not a big deal, just irritating. Then they're super slow and backed up, because it's lunch time. It took me until like 1 pm before I got home with our food and I left the airport at like 10:30 the first time. Just...annoying. But after I ate, and crashed on the couch for a little while, I started catching up on all the stuff I am behind on, including this, and I think I'm almost ready for tomorrow's trips to Kentucky, back to Delphi, on to Elkhart, then back down to Kentucky, and back. But it won't be early. We don't leave until 10:30 am, so I get to SLEEP IN. If my brain and body will let me now that I've been up at 5:30 am for like a week straight...
Happy Father's Day out there--Kaylee is bringing dinner home with us tonight. She was going to take Steve out but he's been enjoying working on house projects outside, and inside, and doesn't want to go out to eat, so she is bringing food and coming to hang out here instead, and we'll take a raincheck on the dinner out. :)
This was an annoying update by the B-29/B-24 Air Power Tour people. They listed every single airplane on tour...except ours. I keep trying to stop myself from replying to this email with "And that other airplane that has been on tour with you last year and this year also done good". They don't consider us part of their group yet, even though Gunfighter nor Nella is actually in that group either. Bugs me every time I read it.
See? Even my watch knows it should ask
In the bathroom in Bad Axe, which I just thought was pretty funny.
And with this--I'm Caught Up! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment