I headed to Evansville this morning, with Nick, in the 340. It's a 45 minute flight down there. I topped off the tip tanks, got a courtesy car and went to the Sun Rise Cafe and had some tasty breakfast, then came back to the FBO and did some work on my iPad. We were supposed to leave by 12:30 pm, which would put me at Frankfort by 1:30 pm, and back at Kokomo by 2:30 pm. I had told Dave, one of our Air Power C-45 pilots, that I'd be back between 3-4 pm.
Instead, another set of jobs down there opened up for them to look at, and we didn't leave until 2 pm, which got me to Frankfort around 3 pm, and Kokomo right at 4 pm. So Steve and the guys got the Beech fueled up and pulled out and ready to go, and I showed up kind of late.
Dave hasn't flown the Beech in like 8 months, so we took our time, went over paperwork and how everything works, flew for 1.2. Didn't have any crosswinds to speak of but his landings were fine so I'm hoping he can figure out crosswinds too. You'd think you wouldn't have to worry about that, but I've learned...you'd be wrong.
Finished up, and Steve wanted to take him out to dinner with us, so we went to Half Moon. They sat us in our least favorite area there--in the back room with concrete walls where they put large groups of people/parties, including this time about 20 children from a baseball team. Yep. Super quiet.
Home to catch up from today and get ready for tomorrow.
E has a guy coming to look at the 340 tomorrow to think about buying it. He's got three people who have called on it this week and two of them are willing to let this annual be a pre-buy. Not sure what the plan will be when it's sold, as to having a back up for the Conquest. The Conquest should hopefully be done and back in the fold next week, or so they say.
Tomorrow after the guy comes to look at the plane, I'm running it to Ohio for its annual, and Morgan is coming to get me in the 172RG. We have a lot to catch up on, she and I, since she's been gone for the Air Race. :)
Dave flying, me right-seating and not needing to grab much


No comments:
Post a Comment