Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Michigan Runs

Up at 6:15 am, kicking Steve out of the bathroom again, on my way out the door around 7 am, at Frankfort by 8 am, up in the air by 8:15. There were four of us today, Nick, Stephen, Clay and myself, and we started off going into Lansing, MI. I dropped off Nick and Clay, and Stephen and I went over to Grand Rapids, MI.  I waited there until he was done, and then we went back over to Lansing, picked up Nick & Clay, and we all stopped in South Bend.  Were there for a couple hours, then I brought everyone home.  All three are airline hub larger busier airports, so I got gas at the two most expensive otherwise fee ones and paid the $21 fee at the other one. I was so tired, that in Grand Rapids I was sitting in a chair in the pilot's lounge and some guy came in and sat down in the recliner next to me (seems like a party foul--you should not sit right next to people. Like a urinal. Don't pee right next to someone, right? Space it out a little!)  Anyway, I was so tired that with my iPad in my lap working on updating hobbs and airplane logbook and such, I fell asleep. Sitting there. Next to a dude who was too close to me.  When I woke up he was in a sleep room himself so maybe I zonked him out while I was at it, but I actually fell asleep in a chair in a pilot's lounge in the middle of the morning next to a stranger.  That was sleepy.

Tomorrow I don't have to leave the house until 9 am, so I get to sleep in a little, which is exciting. I probably WON'T sleep in, but I COULD...

One of the guys I fly reminded me that on our last trip, he'd seen something weird. First, let me say that I believe him. I don't know what he saw and I can't explain it, but I believe that he saw it. He's not a half blind old guy or a "hysterical" person. We're flying along and he yells "did you see that???" I wasn't looking. He said it looked like a skydiver, pointed head down, right in front of the plane, wearing red, with flapping material. He said in terms we know, it looks like a Superman dive wearing a Spiderman costume with a cape.  He wasn't kidding. I actually asked the controller if there was a skydive jump plane up, and he said not that was talking to him. I wonder if it was a wing suit flyer. I don't know. Like I said, I can't explain it, but he saw a dude dropping towards earth head down wearing red.  So there ya go. My weird story for the day. ;)

The FBO in South Bend, kinda cool. "Corporate Wings" was the FBO. Nice place!

No comments: