I only have two flights pre-scheduled for the entire month of April for all four companies I fly for in total. It’s weird. Friday I have an Ethan flight to Decatur for half a day, and at the end of April I’m running Andy and his family to Palm Springs and back. That’s it! Not that I won’t do more for them more last minute, but that’s slow! So I added in warbird stuff. Sun-n-Fun is 9-15th. I’m doing two T-6 checkouts with people, which will bring in some money, during two weekends this month. Kaylee graduates the end of the month by the way, looking forward to that, too. So in the meantime I’m trying to organize and get some other stuff done too while I’m at it.
Yesterday was the day I normally do Sundays. Housework, bills, banking, decluttering a few things, working on my schedule, communicating with a bunch of folks. Oh, I forgot a day of work. Tomorrow. Ha. I’m taking an airline flight from Indy to Birmingham and then picking up the 340 that’s been stranded down there. My airline flight leaves at 10 am, goes to Florida, then ends up in Birmingham on another airplane. It’ll take me a total of 7 hours to get from my house to Birmingham. When I flew myself down in the first place, it took me 2 hours plus a 20 minute drive to the airport. Yeah. Such wasted time. But I don’t have a good choice, so…human tube of doom for me.
So yesterday I was getting an airline ticket, coordinating with the company and with the mechanics, coordinating my ride to Indy, etc. Then talking with the other company and coordinating the flight I was supposed to do today that we pushed to Friday because of sleet, rain, snow and high winds over in IL where we were going. Working on Sun-n-Fun stuff, working on CAF stuff, man, I was busy all day until about 5 pm working on that kind of thing and I can’t even remember what all it was. I’d take a break now and then to change the sheets, do laundry, dishes, the housework stuff that is more mindless, when I didn’t feel like talking on the phone any more. Because I love talking on the phone. ;)
Kaylee’s second day of work, she texted me afterwards with:
“Today was good. I met with Brooke today, the CEO and the only social worker there. We’ll meet weekly for supervision. She’s really nice and chill! And I had my meeting with my professor and Dana (immediate supervisor), and my prof asked about what they do there and what her role is and what she’s planning to do with me. And my professor was so impressed and excited about this place. And the CEO said the PHP Clients (the clients in house) were asking where I was, they liked me! And Dana said during their staff meeting last night, the PHP director talked well of me and was impressed at how I jumped in. But Dana said she’s gotten good reports on me from the PHP director and one of the therapists. Means I didn’t totally blow it anyway!”
So, so far so good, she’s enjoying it and they appreciate her, which doesn’t surprise me. She’s always done well when she focuses on a new job—I don’t think I’ve ever heard of her going to a place where they weren’t impressed with how she did things. It was always funny because at home she’d be messy or whatever, but at work, she was all over it. I’m happy for her, she’s liking it, and it’s beneficial for her, too. I told her when Compass Rose shut down, that new opportunities and growth would open for her, and here she goes. She even admitted I’m right. ;)
Today, my laptop is in so I’m taking it to the computer place so they can hopefully save my desktop, and I have to gather all my passwords together. So that should be fun. (sarcasm font). But at least I’ll have my computer back. And yesterday Steve fixed my iPad so that my cellular works on it again, so I don’t have to use my phone as a hot spot to get internet on it. That made me use my phone for flying stuff, and it’s a little small for that, so I’m glad to have my technology back. Almost, hopefully all by the end of the day.
I also need to call the doc office and make an appointment for all the health things, blood work, etc. I’ve avoided it so far because 1) I hate phone calls 2) I hate doctors 3) I hate appointments and 4) I don’t have any idea what days I’ll be actually open vs days I’ll end up having to cancel. But maybe I’ll try today.
No comments:
Post a Comment