Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Long One

I went to bed at 10:30 pm, and woke up at 1:45 am, didn't get back to sleep until some time after 2:30, and my alarm went off at 4:40 am for this day. Fortunately the flight today was easy, with easy weather, no more than 2 hour legs. But boy I was tired.  D was along today, so he did the flying, which actually makes me MORE tired because now I'm just sitting over there for almost 5 hours doing nothing, and that's harder than doing the flying and the radios, which keeps you engaged.

We left at 6 am, and got to Athens, GA after 8 am.  D went off and did his thing, mandatory bid meeting. I found a "quiet room" which is designated for pilots where they're not allowed to have a TV on, or be on their phones, it's supposed to be a place you can sleep if you need to.  I very, very rarely sleep on trips, but buddy I slept on this one.  I didn't even go eat first like I usually do. I found a chair in a dark room and I was cold in there, but I halfway slept for two hours.  When I finally got up, I went out to Chick Fil A, got me some Jesus Chicken, then came back to work on some stuff before it was time to go home.  

D wanted to stop at Eagle Creek because he was running late, and go to a meeting he had down there at 3. We didn't get there till 3:30, so he was late anyway. I hung out in the FBO until 5:45 with a lady named Becca who wanted to talk about flying and learning to fly, and she looked exactly like the Russian's wife in Rocky IV.  Dead ringer with less make-up on!  So I did have to socialize, but I made it.  ;)

Steve and I went to Grindestone's for dinner when I got back and got the 340 put away, and then home to get some paperwork done.  You know the drill now. I updated my logbook. Sent the company my receipts from today. Sent Steve a billing email.  Updated the airplane log.  Went over my schedule for tomorrow. Downloaded my photos. Post here.  And so forth.

Michelle (who was hit with the B-29) has a concussion, too. She tried to work on our monthly billing today, and said she couldn't focus, read, concentrate, work at all. Her headache makes her feel like a foggy brain.  Poor thing.  I hope she's feeling better soon, that's just no fun.  :(

Kaylee had a flat tire on the Jeep she's using, and had no idea there was a spare under the back, and a jack.  She was on the phone with Steve and some of her female coworkers found the spare and jack and replaced the tire for her. Steve said "I have failed you" and she said "Hey, we've never had a flat tire before, how would I know!?"  I'm like...dang...even I know how to do that, kid... Anyway, I'll probably need to take her Buick back to her, and a compressor, because even her spare is losing air right now, not sure why.  I'll pump it back up and then we'll probably get it to the shop. 

Doesn't give me the opportunity to say "no".
And where was that notice 90 minutes ago when I got up? Did I not have a pulse yet?  Actually that's possible.

Sunrise at FL190


Found while I was on the ground in Athens.  Made me laugh.

Sunset coming in to Kokomo

No comments: