Friday, October 06, 2023

Marco

Polo!

I haven't been sleeping well at night again for awhile, which makes me tired during the day.  I was up at 5:45 am this morning, and moved so slowly I still got to Frankfort just in time.  Loaded up Andy and his wife and we headed to Marco Island, FL.  Somewhere over Georgia we ran into some weather. I was above it, but it was still really choppy and kind of rough.  Got through that, was just cruising along, and was looking down when I felt something funny. I look up and we're in a 30 degree bank and cranking around.  The autopilot at 31,000' was failing.  So I had to fight the autopilot the rest of the way there, about an hour.  You can't hand fly at 31,000' and I didn't want to go lower into the weather.   Otherwise, the trip there and back was uneventful.  About 7 hours total of flight time, clear to the tip of Florida and back, which isn't bad, man.

While I was there, I had them top off the airplane, and then I went into town to a little restaurant on the water, and had freshly caught grilled grouper tacos on the water.  Took some photos of the bright sun, blue sky, palm trees, water, a whole other world than what it is back here in Kokomo---cold, cloudy, and windy.  I've been warning people for weeks that the winds are coming, and yesterday and today they've started kicking up.  It's coming....it may be here.  

Tomorrow I head back to Florida, this time the other side, Kissimmee.  Nathan is going with me tomorrow, and we're dropping off Kevin and some of his family.  It'll take all day too.  When I get back, we're going to do a campfire thing with some friends out in the country, and it'll be cold, but nice.  Hopefully I get enough sleep I can pull that off tomorrow.  :)

Lon & Cathy are here, he's here visiting his mom.  They're staying here and she's helping with Ann for tomorrow while I go to Florida and maybe Steve takes a day off.


The restaurant I ate at

My fresh tasty grilled fish tacos

Peace on the water


Coastal prettiness



No comments: