A local aircraft sales guy bought a T-6 ride and did a random drawing down at his tent for a 'free ride'. The person who won it gave it to his daughter, who is a 15 year old young lady who had never been on a plane before. She was scared, but we ended up having a great time. She bought a t-shirt, and had me sign it with a marker, and she wore the shirt around the event. It was sweet.
It started off slow, like it usually does, and after I gave the first ride, it picked up fast. I hadn't had breakfast yet, so Steve went and got me some pancakes and sausages. By the time I got to them, they were cold, but they were still good. He lost the fork he brought, so I put a little packet of spreadable butter in between the two pancakes and picked them up and ate them like a sandwich. Finished up, and had more riders to go. :) Two were repeat customers, they had gone up flying with me last year too. One guy bought *FOUR* warbird rides. Two in the PT-26 for himself, two in the T-6, and he gave one of the T-6 rides away to someone else. Our T-6 rides are $425 each and the PT is $200 each. That's a lot of money to spend for one guy!
After the event was over, I flew home by myself because everyone had had separate cars, nobody came together. I topped off the T-6, pulled out the Cheyenne, put away the T-6, put away the Cheyenne, connected all the oil stuff and pitot covers and so forth, closed up the hangar, and then everybody who drove showed up. lol I could have waited for help, but I didn't really need help, so hey... Steve was supposed to go with me this morning but his mom had a difficult morning and he couldn't get away in time, so he ended up driving too.
I came home and did her dinner at 5:30, and then met AE, Chuck, Steve, Morgan, Kaylee, Cameron and Spencer at Pastarrific for dinner. Came home and Steve passed out, Kaylee and I cuddled for awhile, I put Ann to bed because he was out cold, and a nice day was had by all. :)
I didn't take photos today really. Mostly I was flying, but I just didn't want to pull up my phone, without a cover on it, in case I dropped the thing and broke it. I have an updated phone. It's dark green, which I like. Not the newest model, but newer than what I had. My old one ran out of memory, I couldn't update my ForeFlight charts and maps any more, couldn't update to the latest IOS, so...a new phone with more memory was on order last week, and it came in two days ago, and I don't have a protective cover for it yet, so I'm being very careful. lol
Me taxiing in with the first rider of the day
Josh (who bought the 'free' T-6 ride), Ray (who runs the event), Morgan to the left, me in the middle, Brady in the blue shirt in the back, who helped restore this T-6 15 years ago.
Spencer showing Morgan how to secure the T-6 after a rides event so I can fly home and not have flapping loose straps posing a hazard.



No comments:
Post a Comment