I took the Aerostar over in IFR to Aurora, IL, had to hand fly it the whole time because I'm taking it over there to fix the autopilot which doesn't work At All. I left at like 8:30, and Spencer my chase pilot left Frankfort at 8, and we both got there at the same time. He landed right in front of me. Twas good timing, I almost chased him down but not quite. We came back in the Cherokee Six, and it doesn't have good airflow, so it started getting pretty toasty in there. Came back, had lunch, then I took up Jerry's Citabria after Spencer changed out the tailwheel springs, to see if it handled better on the ground. It didn't, not enough. But I took it up and flew it anyway, and THAT was the end of my flying. I was hotter in there than anything else. Greenhouse effect, sun pouring in, can't open the window or door in flight, and when I got out of there I was soaked. Put it away, came home and sat in the air conditioning. Fed Ann, fed the cat multiple times, worked on my checkride for tomorrow, answered phone calls believe it or not, and emails, and just tried to keep up.
The checkride tomorrow is supposed to go off of the Sport Pilot PTS, so I printed a copy of what I need from that, what I'm supposed to ask, what we're supposed to do as far as maneuvers, and then what paperwork I need to send in. I get to be the check pilot for a glider pilot who wants to add on to become a Sport Pilot in a tailwheel aircraft. So...should be interesting. Hot again tomorrow, but hopefully not too bad at 9 am when we're meeting, and we'll see how it goes.
Steve went out to dinner with some airport folks, but once I got home I didn't want to go back out. I mean, right now it's 6:30 pm and the heat index is still 101. I'm good here.
I am feeling grumpy because I was put into a position I don't like to be in. Somebody pushed to do something. I said "Maybe later, but not right now." Then somebody else said something that made the first person think it was okay to do what he wanted all along. And he's been pushing ever since, and leaving me in a position of having to either do something I don't want to do and don't even think is the best thing to do, or hurt his feelings/make him mad which could cause him to walk away and cost money for others, not just me. It's super annoying, and I DETEST being pushed. Now that I've been pushed by him, and another guy via email, and a third person by email, to do it, I have about the same desire to do that as I do go outside in the 115° heat and sun. Which is none, in case you're wondering.
Oh, Indiana. HAhahaha
Aerostar this morning...



No comments:
Post a Comment