Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Yikes

I tried to go flying with a student today, instrument lesson, and as we were sitting in the plane, it started buffeting and raining. Winds kicked up to 32 knots or more.  So we shut down and put the plane back away and did a ground lesson instead. 

I saw on one place on Facebook today that Aeroshell #1 plane (usually flown by Mark H, whom I met in Florida this month), groundlooped on landing at Sun-N-Fun this morning.  I don't know why yet, if it was a mechanical failure or a normal old fashioned ground loop.  But if it can happen to a premier T-6 pilot in the country, it can happen to anyone.  It has been kept extremely quiet, however.  No warbird places talking about it, no chit chat on the normal forums about it.  Just quiet. It's nice to be so famous that the usual mouthy people don't want to make you mad by talking about your accident.

Steve went out with Jeff for dinner.  Kaylee called me from her car having a bad time because she passed a car flipped over in a ditch on the same road she had her accident. She says my voice calms her down, so I just talk to her for a bit until she calms down and feels better.  She's done that since she was little.  My voice just settles her.  In a way it reminds me of Devon.  My voice would always calm him, too.  And pets sometimes, and other people's babies. I have a thing sometimes...

Kaylee texted me that since she started eating gluten free foods, she's been getting hungry more often and been able to eat actual full meals without being in pain or bloated. She says her tummy is happy, and while she's bummed out that she can't eat a lot of stuff easily right now, she's really glad to have what seems to be answers to what's been causing her so much pain and problem for so long now.

Tomorrow is a trip to Ohio all day with Ethan in the 340.  And on it goes.

No comments: