Today was a much better day. We got up, got breakfast, and got out there in time for me to fill up the oil, preflight, put everything away, load the plane, and head on our way to Vero Beach. It was a nice morning, not even that hot yet, and an easy hour flight. When we got there I topped it off again, paid the bill, and secured the plane again, oil catch cans on, etc. I still look pretty sketchy climbing up and down the ladder and hopping up on the wing where I am waiting to slide off, but…I’m getting faster and better. Then Spencer arrived (after I was done with all the dirty work, darn it), and I paid the bill, everyone else headed out, so me, Nathan and Spencer went to a beach restaurant to have lunch. Drove around, looked at the view, enjoyed the AC, went to a beach and walked on it, stood in the sand, watched the waves crash for awhile. Checked into our hotel rooms when they were ready, chilled out for a couple hours, went to Ocean Grille restaurant where I had magnificent food. It’s on the ocean as well, and the moon rose and was full right over the water. I didn’t see it in time to catch it when it was “touching” the water and huge, but I still got a decent couple of shots of it. I walked the beach at moonlight while waiting for our table. We ate too much, and drove back to the hotel. It was a nice day, a relaxing one, and just what I needed before hitting a rides day tomorrow. It should only be 80 degrees tomorrow, so hopefully it shouldn’t be too bad. We’re going to try to get some rides going and make up for that last stop, I really really hope. I don’t like the pressure.
But for now, it’s 10:30 and I have to get up early, so I’m going to try to get some sleep. I keep waking up at 4 am and I gotta figure out how to stop that. ;)
Onward.
No comments:
Post a Comment