Thursday, January 19, 2023

The Last Full Day

We really hit this one with everything we got. We had a big buffet breakfast again, and E and I worked on our C-340 quiz that is 7 pages long.  Didn’t get every answer, but close.  Then the three of us went back up to our room for about half an hour before heading out. We went to Caesar’s Palace and walked around, looking at stuff. Moved from there to the Venetian where we took a Gondola Ride. Our ride ‘pilot’ sang us three songs in Italian including “Happy Birthday” for Kaylee. She was super personable and fun. We walked down the strip, stopping here and there, until we got to the High Roller street, where there’s a sugar shot shop, that does candy martinis, that Kaylee wanted to go to. I got a chocolate martini, and Steve got a MaiTai one, and Kaylee got a chocolate one too. They had dry ice in them so they bubbled and fogged over. Steve hated his, and wasn’t so sure you should be drinking something with dry ice in it.  Kaylee and my drinks were super strong on alcohol. She couldn’t drink hers, so I drank both hers and mine.  They were definitely strong and I’m just hoping I don’t end up with a headache tonight.  lol

We went from there to find another place she wanted to go to for lunch, and we could not find it to save our lives. So we ended up eating somewhere else in Planet Hollywood. After we left, THEN we saw where she wanted to go, the name of it in huge letters on the 2nd story, which we couldn’t see from either inside nor from the ground level outside.  Best laid plans of mice and men and Vegas goers. 

Next up we walked to this place called “Fly Over Vegas”. It’s a new ride, where you strap into a seat in front of a big screen, and it moves up and down and left and right, and they put a big adventure on the screen, and you fly around like that. It was actually very cool, and I liked it. I had heard “Iceland” was more of a fun ride and the others more just a visual thing, so I picked Iceland over the West (Grand Canyon, etc)., and we all thought that was really cool.  I could go back and do the others some other time.

We came back to the hotel after that, beat, and all three took a nap on the couches in the living room for about an hour just to recuperate from the 21,000 steps and 9.3 miles we walked today!  I’m not even in bad shape from all that, somehow.

We got ready in time to try to get some dinner, but we’ve been eating SO much that we just weren’t hungry, so we got smoothies. Steve hated his, and Kaylee and I liked ours.  It was just enough to put something in my stomach without being so heavy.  Then we met up with E and we all went to see “O”, Circus de Soleil here at the Bellagio. Like “Mystique”, it was weird and wild and visually interesting and a lot of very talented people, only involving water this time. That stage is amazing. Sometimes it’s water deep enough that people can dive into it from the ceiling, and sometimes it’s solid and dry and everything in between.  Fascinating.  They pulled a couple of guys up onto the stage for parts of the show, and Steve said if we go back again, he’s getting tickets a lot further back.  We were right up front, like 3 rows back.  lol

Then Kaylee came back to the room, while Steve went with E to get a drink, and I walked outside and went across the street so I could video and take photos of the fountain ‘act’ from ground level. I just have some photos from above. It’s a better view I think up here. You get the full overview. But you don’t get the size perspective of how high the water is going like you do from the ground.  We looked it up. The little jets go 77’, another set goes 100’ up, the third set goes to 240’, all of which we’ve seen. There are “super jets” that supposedly go to 460’. We haven’t seen anything as tall as our hotel window.  I’m guessing that must be special occasions.  On the way back, I texted Kaylee, and waved my cellphone with light on, and she found me down there, and stuck her light against our window, and I found her way up there on the top too.  Kind of fun.

And now I’m writing this, and packing up, as tomorrow we go home. To bad weather and work I don’t feel like doing. *sigh*. I’d like to stay another day, as I’d like to take Kaylee zip lining at Old Vegas Freemont St., at night, which we didn’t get to do, and maybe New York New York too.  But Steve and I got to do some of the things we’d wanted to do for awhile and always run out of time. Him, the gondola ride, and me, the Eiffel Tower, and both of us, the fountain show at night from both above and below.  Good stuff.

No comments: