I hadn't slept all that well, I had a low grade headache from it, I was tired, and grumpy, but I got out there and rallied for this guy who deserved a good ride. He was over 300 lbs, but when I tested pulling the stick back, I could get it all the way back. I removed all the stuff out of the baggage compartment to help with the CG, and left the plane low-ish on fuel for weight. We did all right. I still didn't do aerobatics with him, but I came close enough and he really enjoyed it. We did a pass by his brother on the runway, we flew by the Vietnam Veteran's gathering, he did some of the flying himself, and I yanked him around a bit. He was really complimentary, and he had a great time. Such a great time that he wanted to go up in the C-45 next. So I took him and his brother up in BOB next for a quick flight, and they both really enjoyed that, too. It was a fun morning, that went into 1:30 pm, and I hadn't eaten yet, and I needed to. My car's power steering is whining and half my warning lights are on, but at least it's still running for now. I hit some food and came back at 6 pm for a sunset flight in the 172 with someone.
So even though I was feeling a little bleh, it ended up being a good day anyway, thanks to aviation. Now hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight and be ready for one long ass day going into and out of Chicago Midway for two of the five legs I have starting around noon and going to about 10 pm, flying the Purdue basketball coach around. Wish me luck. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment