For the listing of things. "Today I":
Did a "getting close to tailwheel endorsement" flight in the Champ this morning with Isabel. Went to lunch, came back and did spins with Cameron. We did them to the left, and the right, and then came in and did some takeoffs and landings, including me teaching him the one wheel landing and maneuvering stuff. Then I had a T-6 flight, 40 minute ride with a non-pilot, and we went up and had some fun. Landed from that, shoved it away, and John was waiting with his airplanes. I flew his Bonanza while he flew his 421, and we went to Ohio to drop off his twin, then I flew him home in his own airplane back to Kokomo. Got back around 8:45 pm, and I originally had a 9:30 pm night flight too, but he moved that to tomorrow instead. So I got home after 9 pm tonight, which was earlier than lately and expected both.
Yesterday I had another tailwheel flight, and then late in the afternoon I went in the C-421 which was having engine oil pressure problems and flew it with John, in case something happened, he'd have someone on board he felt comfortable with. It was holding low but steady, so we flew it to Ohio to drop his mechanic off, and then up to LaPorte, IN where I picked up BOB. We flew home together, me in the C-45, him in the C-421, and landed after sunset, just as it was getting dark. And finally BOB was home, and I got home after 10 pm.
Monday I had a MBros trip to West Virginia. They had listed a courtesy car and a restaurant on field. The courtesy car was broken down and the restaurant was closed on Mondays, so I had to get an Uber to lunch. It cost almost $30. When it was time to leave, there was no Uber available, so I downloaded Lyft. THAT ride home was only $20, but the driver looked like a serial rapist. His profile pic on the app was him shirtless in his bathroom up close and personal and it was NOT good. I sat right behind him just in case. He was actually quite nice and I wanted to help him out and tell him to take a pic sitting in his car with his shirt and hat on and not pedo-bathroom-pose. But I didn't. Got home late again.
Tomorrow I have the night cross country so I won't get back until midnight, and I have C-45 training with The Captain, too. Cheyenne recurrent training is hopefully on Saturday, in the works.
Busy busy.
Kaylee's neurology appointment is tomorrow. She also got a probable job offer after she graduates. Lots of good things happening for her I think.
I'm behind on pictures and too tired to do it all now, so here are from Tuesday, at least.

















No comments:
Post a Comment