Thursday, August 25, 2022

Still Runnin'

Man, I haven't had time nor energy to write.

Monday I went to New Hampshire in the Cheyenne with Nathan and a couple others, and drove into Portland, Maine for an expensive lobster roll.  Had fog in the morning, and when I took off it was all the way up to minimums, 200' and 1/2 mile. I hadn't flown an instrument approach in the Cheyenne in over a year, so it was as good a time as any to practice, eh? I got home late.

Tuesday I took the 340 to Delaware with MBros.  Decent weather, extensive clearance to get in and out of there.  I had Terry and another guy who wanted to talk to me and sit up front at 6 am. I told him it was going to be a quiet flight, and it was. I was not in the mood to chat. I've been non-stop around people for too long to be friendly at 6 am. I got home fairly late.

9 am the next morning I met a new T-6 training guy. He arrived in  his CJ-3 (jet). He owns five airplanes, including a P-51 that he just bought. He's getting T-6 training so he can go on to Stallion 51 in two weeks and do his P-51 transition training.  It's another fellow I get to teach in the T-6 so they can go on to fly a Mustang.  He owned multiple large jets at the same time, 17 passenger jets, and big helicopters. He has some serious money. He's truly enjoyed the T-6, and he's good at it. He's 69, and has said that he found himself slowing down mentally around 60-62, and decided if he was going to do some things, he wanted to do them now, before it was too late. So he bought the Mustang and went for it. We've flown three times a day every day for the last two days, and he wants to fly tomorrow too. So far we're up to 8.5 hours.  He's a reserved guy, so a little hard to read sometimes. But before me, he'd spent some time at Warbird Adventures. He said he learned more and felt better after two sorties with me than he did by the time he'd left there, so I appreciated that. He also said he had a guy near him who had bought a T-6 and he'd give him my info if I'd be willing to travel to him and do his T-6 transition training. I said sure. That's also a compliment, rather than having him go to the 'other' place.  He has said he's had a great time and loved flying the T-6, and I've kept him challenged. I put him in the back seat, too, and he didn't like that so much. He said "I can't see anything!" Yep.  lol  I think it also gave him a little more respect for me back there, too.  He only did two landings from back there and then decided he'd go back up front where he belonged.  :)

Now it's late and I'm tired and tomorrow is another busy day before Saturday's busy day at Westfield.

Giddy-up.


No comments: