My flight this morning was canceled before we got off the ground. Brand new student, in the Champ. Is taxiing too fast and when she went to stop, the left brake worked and the right didn't. We started swinging around, so I grabbed it, and I had no right brake, so we continued the turn to the left. She said "We're going to hit something!" I said "We're not going to hit anything". But I couldn't even hold the brake to do a run-up. Shouldn't need the brakes once you know you don't have them, other than for run-ups or a mistake, but she's brand new, so I taxied back and shut it down, and the plane is down for maintenance until Friday now. And that was the end of my short-lived flying day.
I've got runny eyes and a scratchy throat from drainage later this morning, which is either Covid or allergies. I took an allergy pill and the Covid test is still negative. So I rested today, will see how I feel tomorrow. Had Kaylee take Ann her meds and food tonight just in case. Kaylee took the cat over with her, and Ann liked that. lol
We gave AE our sheets, blankets, pillows, and towels to pack for OSH in the trailer today. So that will be headed up to OSH in about two days. Meanwhile, I'm going to Chicago Sat & Sun (if I'm not sick), then Dubuque's formation clinic, then Oshkosh. I'm nervous. I'm perpetually nervous about this stuff, that I also really like. Go figure...
Kaylee and Steve are out eating dinner, and I'm going to have a salad here at home and finish my laundry up. Nothing too exciting, but...welcome to Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment