Saturday, May 07, 2022

Busy Day

Kaylee and I woke up early this morning, and by 8 am we were on our way by car to Ft. Wayne, where we registered for and participated in a NEDA Walk.  That stands for National Eating Disorder Association.  They had some booths, music, a couple of speakers, a raffle, and then a one-mile walk.  We were there for a little over 2 hours, and it meant something to Kaylee to run into someone she knew there, recognize some of the treatment centers there as sponsors, and have me there to do the walk with her.  They also did a "joyful movement" thing, where four girls got up front and wanted everyone to dance. Kaylee and I were up front somehow, and I side-eyed her, and she said "You love me."  Yes, yes I do, and yes, I did it.  

When we got home, we were wiped out from the 4 hour round trip drive and all the activities, and we both took a nap.  Kaylee had gotten a waxing kit, to use on her nose. I refused to try it first, because I've seen TikTok videos of people who pull the stick out and have a glob of hard wax stuck up their noses.  And it looks painful.  So she did it first, and it was sort of fascinating, and she swore it didn't hurt, so I went next.  Other than the fact that my nose still feels sticky inside, and it took multiple applications, it didn't hurt and it did work.  So...I may like that, actually. 

I was waiting until after I did Ann at 7:30, a little early, so I could drive out to the airport and fly the T-6 by sunset, which is 8:45 pm now.  She was confused and I didn't get done with her until 7:45, and then I ran out to the airport, got the T-6 ready, fired up the tug and hooked up, then went to pull out the Cheyenne.  I got it halfway out of the hangar before I saw that my problems are because the right tug tire is flat.  Like Flat.  I run next door where there's a small portable air tank, open the valve and use the compressor to add about 80 lbs of air to it, and run it over there to inflate the tire. I'm proud of this by the way.  But no go. It will not inflate that tire for anything.  I try to push the airplane back into the hangar off the tug--not a chance, the Cheyenne is full.  I try the 340 tug. It's too tall. I try standing on the tug. No luck. I try pushing the Cheyenne with the tug.  Nope.  I'm stuck. I call Steve, who is having his "deck night", outside by the fire in our back yard, and he drives out to help. Before he gets there, John comes driving up on his motorcycle, so I corner him into helping me. He has a huge air tank with a lot more pressure, and it inflates the tug tire post haste and I'm back in business. Of course it's already sunset, but I've got lights on that thing.  I haul out the Cheyenne, out the T-6, throw him in the back, and Steve and AE show up and shrug like "Hey?!" They had to turn around and go home.  They didn't get my text in time.  lol  John and I flew around for a bit, with my canopy wide open, and enjoyed the breeze, and then as it got dark, I did three takeoffs and landings.  The last two were pretty good, so I felt better about those. 

When I put everything away, the tire on the Cheyenne tug was already losing air, so that's gonna need fixed.  I stopped at Meijer to pick up some strawberries for Kaylee, and then came on home to download photos and try not to go to sleep before I got this done.  I'm tired, mostly in a good way.  

Kaylee gave me a card that when you open it, says "MOM. Mom.  MOMMY. " over and over, and you can't shut it off by closing it.  You have to take the battery out, and when you rip open the card to do that, you get a glitter shower.  I was slow and careful enough I didn't get a glitter shower, but it was still pretty funny.  Butt.  ;)














No comments: