Sunday, April 10, 2022

Sun-n-Fun

So much time has already gone by since we went to Sun-n-Fun. I couldn't really write while I was done there, and then I had the presentation to worry about, so I just got overwhelmed on trying to keep up with anything but that. It's all over now, so I'm going to catch up the blog on those two big events, and THEN I should be able to do a better job keeping up again.

I'm going to mostly tell the stories on each photo and save the writing for the next post. ;)  But it was a very good trip, I got some sun, got a lot of walking in, saw warbirds and things I like, was pretty comfortable most of the time, got to say hi to several friends like Jordan B., got over 10.4 hours of flight time in, and all in all, it was a successful weekend--especially since we just had to cover our own food and the rest was taken care of.  It was a great little get-away...

Our weather going down wasn't the best. We had a few lines to get through.

This was our little gap of goodness to get into BOW. I timed that pretty well, if I may say so myself. ;)

This was the Mustang they gave us for a rental car for four not-small adults and baggage for 3 days.  ;)

This Mustang lights up on the ground at night. Kinda cool, man.

Long lenses swinging to capture whomever is up flying.

P-51, had to.

Maybe he just took antibiotics. Maybe he has skin cancer issues. Maybe he's a serial killer from the 80s like he looks. Who is to really say?

We were in "Preferred Seating", which had chairs, free water, a charging station for phones, food and beer available right there, a place to store your bags, and this, a massage station.  Yep, a massage station.

The T-birds



We went to dinner at this place and had some fantastic seafood.

Naturally.

Sun-n-Fun's smiley face seems more smirky than Oshkosh's smiley face.

Sun going down as we prepare for the night show Saturday night.

Aeroshell team at sunset.



The view from my seat of the building we were behind

The drones went up and formed up as different airplanes.


And a flag

Fireworks, as always, are great.






Fireball!



Just a little bit of traffic coming out of Sun-n-Fun

When we got home we had a little tangerine soft serve from the Milky Way in Frankfort and it was great.

Me and Kaylee

Ethan, Amber, me and Steve in front of Ethan's plane after we got back home.




No comments: