After sleeping that much, when I woke up this morning and felt good, it felt REALLY good, and I got on a roll. I couldn't fly with my student, weather, so instead I organized several things. I did all the laundry I was too sick to do on Sunday, and the load of dishes I was too sick to run, and then I picked a few things and went through them. I ended up throwing out two trash bags full of stuff we didn't need. I went through the refrigerator and tossed out anything old, expired, or that we never did or would use. Like the can of coffee flavored Coke in a can that I bought two of and tried the first and hated it and left the second one in there for eternity. ;) I cleaned out the fridge and the freezer, and wiped down one of the shelves that needed it. I moved into my changing area, and cleaned out a drawer that I've collected hair things in, and some little kid jewelry that I'd never wear, that I've had forever. I had three cuticle trimmers, so ditched two of them. Tossed the stretched out hair-scrunchies, dusted out the drawer. Moved into my mirrored "medicine cabinet" that's all mine in the changing area. I haven't gone through that in years. I took everything down, dusted out the shelves, threw away all the hair products and nail products and facial products and sunscreen products that I'll never use again, and rearranged it more efficiently. That one felt good, I liked it. My last stop for the day was my desk. I emptied out a file drawer on top of my desk and went through it, and the pile that always accumulates on the right side (mine) of the rolltop. Bills that need paid, receipts I need to write for SMA Support, receipts I need to turn in to MBros, cards that people sent me that I didn't want to just toss. A lot of old pictures, paperwork, letters, certificates, business cards, all that stuff. I organized what I needed to keep, tossed what I didn't, and got quite a trip down memory lane on some of the photos and letters. So like I said, all those things combined worked out to be two trash bags I took out to the trash bins. It was pretty satisfying, actually.
I started to look at the pantry, and that job looked too big and I'd already worked most of the day, so I decided not to wear myself out. Steve's also been through there not too long ago and it's already in decent shape. I think I am going to go into the closet in the guest bedroom, and remove all the paperback books I've been storing in there for years. They're not visible to the masses, but I'm not going to read them again, so I need to find a place where I can donate them, don't need to store them in a closet for eternity, they're just sci fi or fiction, not exactly sentimental to me or anything. My hard back books in most of the rooms on shelves, well, those are staying. Bare shelves would look weird and sad. ;)
Steve fixed the handle on my chair on the couch, and to do that we had to pull it away from the wall and tip it upside down. That gave us the chance to vacuum up the hair balls, peanut M&Ms and water bottle caps that had fallen down under the couch. All in all, a good day.
Jerry Keller's wife Jane's viewing will be Wednesday, and funeral Thursday. I haven't heard that they want me to go get his son, so I assume they decided to come a different way. I really hope Jerry can...make it...through this.
In February I have quite a week in the middle there. Feb. 11th I'm going down to Marco Island, Florida with Ethan and his whole family in the 340. It'll take all day. Five or six hours down, dropping them off, then I have another 4-5 hour flight home. That means several fuel stops, too, so another couple hours on the ground, too. Then first thing the next morning, on the 12th, Nathan, Kevin, his family and I are running back down to Kissimmee, Florida in the Cheyenne. That'll be a much faster flight. ;) On the 19th I take the 340 back down to Marco Island and pick up Ethan and family. Then on the 20th I take the Cheyenne back down to Kissimmee to pick up Kevin. Those 340 trips will be big long days, but...I get paid for them, and in the middle of February we surely do need that.
No pics for today, nobody needs to see a photo of my organized desk. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment