It was windy, bumpy, IFR, and spitting icy cold precip. I had to shoot the RNAV approach into Fort Dodge, Iowa, and I broke out about 150' above minimums, landing with a 25 knot gusty crosswind. A good practice instrument run. The guy in the front seat said "I don't like the clouds". I said "why not?" He said "You can't SEE anything. There could be a wall out there right in front of you. You can't see the ground until it's RIGHT THERE. That's...unnerving."
I ran into town and got a good breakfast, and bought a pumpkin pie that I brought home for Steve. When we landed, I stopped at Meijer to pick up some cool whip to go with the pie. He was excited when he saw it, and had a piece, but I can't tell if it was actually good or not. I'll have a piece tomorrow and see for myself. lol
We're all a little stressed. The cat needs fed multiple times a day now because she won't or can't eat the crunchies any more. She's got some other issues. Ann is a lot of work. Tonight I had to convince her to take her bedtime pill because like every night she argues that she's already had her meds when those were her dinner meds, but this time it took longer to convince her to take it. I also had to help her remove her partial and brush it and soak it and she couldn't remember where her toothbrush was and kept looking in the kitchen silverware drawers while I went back and forth between the two bathrooms looking for it. Then she doesn't ever want you to leave, so it can be tough to exit gracefully. Kaylee is having difficulties. When she calls, I'm worried when I answer the phone as to which Kaylee is calling, where I am and what I can or can't do on the phone for the next 45 minutes. The higher end CAF stuff is stressing me out, as October ends and the C-45 stuff isn't done and I don't feel prepared for it anymore now that it's been so long since I flew the thing. I hate checkrides. Our first hearing on the lawsuit is coming up in the next week or so too, though it should be a minor one. Winter's coming, and we have some big financial hits coming up that I can't really talk about either. So all in all, meh. Most of this stuff isn't going to get better. The cat isn't going to get better. Ann isn't going to get better. Kaylee...probably going to take some time to get better. Yadda yadda. The CAF stuff will get better, it'll finish up one way or the other at least! I'm grateful for the days I'm busy with flying too, because it keeps my mind engaged on more pleasant things. A little air therapy is a good thing. :)
Oh, today at the FBO, they gave me a rental car, and then as I was leaving, said "Oh, and please go the speed limit. They have traps and will take photos of the car and I'll get a $75 bill in the mail." I thought, wow, you don't even know me, and yet you know me. ;)
Such a pretty moon
This is how close I got to "Third Thursday", a fly-in event with Doug R. and Kim P.
Just a picture of a dreary day
Ft. Dodge Iowa
Blue Skies
My disappointed in my lack of talking, passed out passenger
Yeah.
No comments:
Post a Comment