Thursday, May 20, 2021

S. Carolina


Up at 6 this morning, drove to Frankfort, and the plane was out on the ramp and ready to go.  I preflighted, and was in the air by 8:30 am, as planned.  About three hours of smooth air later, I arrived in Charleston, S. Carolina again.  Topped off with fuel, and Ethan and Amity showed up and brought me a Subway sandwich. When we went to leave, I checked the fuel, and the fuelers hadn't gotten the tanks full on two tanks. So we made them come back out and put more in, and it's a good thing.  We were cruising along, and switched the wing locker tank on, and it quit after 10 gallons. They didn't even get THAT one full, and there was barely enough fuel all total to get home with reserves. We were at 45 minutes, not my preferred hour. But it was severe clear, so no worries.   You can't see and have no indicators of how much fuel is in the wing locker tank. I always told them to fill it and they always did. But now I've gotten one where they didn't get it full.  If I'd have been IFR, I'd have had to stop for fuel halfway home.  I'm glad it worked out.

On the way home I stopped at an ice cream place in Frankfort, and they had a small "red hot flurry", or blizzard.  Red hot candies blended up in ice cream with cinnamon syrup. It was REALLY good.  I'm going to have to do that again.  

Kaylee got really sick from her second shot.  Congestion, chills, muscle pain, and "a wicked headache". She missed class today, missed working on her paper, which means she can't do what she was hoping to do and visit a friend this weekend, because now she has to work on that paper.  She laid in bed and felt sad and crappy most of the day.  Kind of unfair considering she already HAD Covid.  They don't know that the vaccine will give you any more or longer immunity than actually HAVING the disease gives you, so not only is she sick for two weeks with it, now she's sick from the shot, too.  She should feel better tomorrow, I hope.  She'd better.  

It's interesting that the people I know who have gotten the shot that are all older, sixties and above; none of them have gotten more than a sore arm.  The young people getting shots are the ones getting the sickest.  Some say it's because they have a stronger immuno response to it.  I dunno.  So then is it not effective to the people who don't get a strong immuno response to it?  Who knows.

So far my mom, step-dad, husband, mother-in-law, dad, step-mom, and daughter all got the shot. Only Kaylee got sick. I'm the only one not getting it.  I don't care.  lol

I'm 4.9 hours away from breaking 12,000 hours.  That could happen on Saturday, during our Poker Run. Maybe I'll have to do something fun with it.

No comments: