Tuesday, May 11, 2021

More Sixing

Bright and early at 9 am I met up with Scott.  We reviewed what we'd done, kept an eye on the weather which was calling for gusty crosswinds later, and went for it.  We did three point landings, wheel landings.  Short field takeoff with 20 degrees flaps, short field takeoff with 45 degrees flaps. A half flap landing.  Two engine out landings after he didn't make it to the runway the first time.  Then we went over to Marion and did 100' wide runway landings instead of Kokomo's 150' wide runway.  Tried to do 3-points but ended up with wheel landings every time and a "dammit!"  lol  The winds were a crosswind, anywhere from 30-70°, from 15-19 knots.  It was a good practice day, but only if someone was ready for that kind of winds.  Yesterday it wouldn't have been, but today he was ready for it.  We did two separate flights, over two hours the first time, over an hour and a half the second time.  We could have done a third time, but we were both really wiped out.  I woke up at 5:30 am, he woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep, it was a challenging day, I'm always highly tense in the back with someone else doing takeoffs and landings I might need to rescue, and by the end of the day, we were just wiped.  So he went home to Wisconsin and I went to CVS to pick up medicine for Ann, came home to check on her, then have sat on my couch and tried to stay awake the rest of the evening.  Have I mentioned I'm wiped?  ;)

I got a new FitBit in.  This one is a little more sophisticated, but isn't the latest and greatest. I do like that I can get my text messages on it still, and it tracks my sleep and my steps, both things I like. I can also get the weather on it, which I also like.  It's got a big wide manly black wrist band, so I've ordered a different one that is hopefully better.

Kaylee gets her blood drawn tomorrow.  She's already calling and texting that she's been sweating all day, and is going to pass out, and is freaking out big time.  Ann's blood work came back that she's anemic, so per doctor's orders I picked up some iron and Vitamin C.  Apparently the Vitamin C helps with the absorption of Iron. I didn't know that.  I hated to add two more pills to her regime, but she needs them, so...

I'm so tired I can't concentrate on this.  I just want to go to bed and it's only 9:20 p.m.  lol 

See ya tomorrow.

No comments: