Thursday, March 04, 2021

The Last Day

We had a great time today. We slept in, then went over to John’s Pass, where we got on board a tiki bar boat.  It’s a round shaped floating tiki bar.  We called in a food order ahead of time at a nearby place, food and drinks, and picked it up to enjoy on the boat.  We got virgin strawberry daiquiris for the girls, and they enjoyed that too.  We went on about an hour and a half cruise, saw dolphins, just...toured the area, listened to music, ate and drank, stuck feet in the water, enjoyed the view, sat in the sun, enjoyed the company too.

From there we had a little time, so we went into some of the John’s Pass stores, grabbed a drink, Steve got a cigar that was hand rolled there, and we just hung out for awhile, until it was time to go parasailing.

That was really cool.  A family of five, plus us five, all got on one boat. The water was rough and choppy, and the boat ride out was rough.  It was funny, we’d hit the waves and go flying. The guys asked if we’d ever done this before, and we said no, and they said “you picked quite a day for it”, because the water was so rough.  I got a kick out of it, it was fun.  The mom of the other family got sick, and had to sit in the back of the boat to throw up off the back.  They didn’t do sick sacks there.  Kaylee got motion sick by the end of the ride too, but refused to throw up. She stared out the front and gritted her teeth and made it back. She said she would have swallowed it before she “wimped out” and threw up.  lol. 

The parasailing was a total blast. I loved it.  Kaylee went with her friend M, and I went with her friend E, and we just had a great time.  It’s so peaceful up there, you’re just flying along, a good distance up in the air, and they crank you back right to the boat.  They did dunk us in the water once, about the waist down got wet, on purpose, and they asked us first.  Steve observed, the rest of us went up, and it was just fun.  The guy took photos of us while he was standing on the back of the boat, while it was rocking up and down and back and forth and zipping along the waves, getting air.  It was hard for me to just stand up, and he’s perched back there at the end of the boat hanging onto nothing and just taking photos. Impressive.

For dinner went all out for one last Florida night.  We had king crab, clam chowder, oysters on a half shell, calamari, steamed mussels, and Steve had key lime pie.  Now it’s time to go back to Indiana and Grindstone Charley’s, I suppose.  And I’d better have some salads for awhile too.  ;)

Short cutting this because I’m tired. But I have a ton of photos, and when we get back I’ll post a few.  In the meanwhile, I’m waiting for laundry to be done so I can go to bed.  Tomorrow we leave by 11 am here, fly to Georgia and stop for fuel, then fly on home.  I *could* make it non-stop, but we have a headwind, would have to really lean out and slow down, and it would be over 4.5 hours, which is a long time for folks to sit and not drink and not hit a bathroom, etc., when they’re not used to that.  So this will be better.

So, goodnight.  I’ll try to remember stories later. :) 

No comments: