Monday, February 01, 2021

Here

Not a whole lot new today.  Everyone was still kind of shoveling out of the snow.  I don't know what we ended up with. 6" or so?  It's pretty, for now.  When it goes away and turns to mush and mud when it starts raining soon, I'll be ready for it to be Spring, thank you.

Ann hasn't been feeling well, though when I went over today she was up and talking a lot, and her voice sounded a lot better, so that's good.  Kaylee called me today because SHE'S not feeling well either, only hers isn't so much physical.  She's anxious and blah and having trouble getting her work done or even going out with friends.  Welcome to February (in Indiana), dark, cold, depressing and blah.  So we talked for about half an hour.  I hope she is feeling better soon. I told her to just do one thing.  Accomplish one thing.  One step at a time.  We all have days like that, don't want to let too many of them pile up in a row if we can help it.  

I got my walking in, and started watching "Cobra Kai".  I'm getting a kick out of it (so to speak).  If you're unfamiliar, it's a spin-off TV show from the "Karate Kid" movies, starring the same people 34 years later.  It's such an 80s blast from the past that it makes me smile.  So it's a bit cheesy too, which makes Steve less interested in watching it, but the cheese is worth it to me for the nostalgia.  So I watch it when I'm walking or something, so he doesn't have to.  It's an interesting twist in that Danny is kind of a pompous twit at first, his daughter starts out as one of the 'mean girls', and Johnny is a normal trying to be decent guy now, and the lines keep getting crossed, and Johnny keeps trying to do the right thing but isn't getting credit for it, his nerdy people who learned to fight are now going bad, kind of shows the human side of all of them.   It's weird seeing them all 34 years older.  Like...you can SEE them, as they were in those older, wrinklier faces.  Just like ours.  Like seeing Kevin Bacon now vs after watching Footloose.  It's just weird.  ;)

We finished the "Longmire" series and really liked it, and have tried to find a replacement and have been unsuccessful so far.  "Deadwood", we watched the first episode, but it's not really a light and fluffy good show, it had so many F-bombs that it takes away from the show. I don't think they knew the F-bomb back then, let alone used it almost exclusively.  lol  I wanted to try "Justified", but it's on Hulu only, pay $2.99/episode.  Don't think I'll be doing that.  "Godless", it's okay, but again, not something you go "I have to see the next episode!", or makes you laugh, or figure it out.  It's okay, but dark and deep-ish.  So we're having trouble finding a replacement series to watch during down times when nothing else is running new shows. 

It's time for me to stare at the weather again and see if I can get to California this week.  Weather looks okay out there Wednesday, and here Wednesday, so now I have to see if it'll be decent the rest of the way too.  Gee, can't wait!  Pray the thing gets me there with both of us in one piece.  And that Ann feels better.  And that Kaylee feels better.  And that we can all keep hanging on.

Just a couple shots out my front door.  First two are at 11 pm.


I think the night shots are prettier than the day one.  :)

Indiana fields with plenty of snow, at sunset



No comments: