Now it's about working on this flight to California. Poor ceilings tomorrow, but if I can stay out of the icing and go IFR until I get to Missouri, it might get better after that as far as ceilings go. Then comes the wind. Up to 40 knot winds on the surface in Oklahoma. Wind shear up at altitude, low level wind shear over a lot of the country, moderate turbulence. It'll take us forever heading west into that wind, and I don't know how they feel about turbulence and high winds that hard for that long. And you don't want to cross the mountains with high winds. We'll have to see what we get and how it goes. First step-getting out of Indiana without ice. Tomorrow morning around 9 we start the process of seeing how this goes. Wish me luck.
Home of hodge-podge thoughts, daily schedules, occasional mental musings, and the little bits of nothing special that make up any family's life. This is ours...
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Flex and Flux
Last night we were looking at the weather, and it looked pretty crappy for this morning. So he said "I'll call you first thing in the morning and we'll see." I got about 5 hours of sleep, tossing around about it. I got up at 7 am, and waited. Tried to reach him to no avail. Paced around the house, finally I got hold of him around 11 am. He said "sorry, I got caught up at work". So, we are going to have to reschedule. I can't say I'm sorry, I really didn't feel ready. Steve laughed at me, says "You don't fail these, it's a flight review". He's not wrong, but I didn't feel in the game, and I don't like to be sloppy or embarrass myself. The flying I'd have been mostly fine since I've had the one trip in 5 months. The oral...eh. And I spent all morning pacing and wondering and waiting and ramped up and worried and stressed out, so that when he said to reschedule, I was ready to reschedule too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment