Sunday, August 02, 2020

More Time

Finally I have a little more time to compose here.

Kaylee's 2nd day of work didn't go as well.  It was a Friday night, and they got busy, and she got overwhelmed.  She had a couple "problem" people, and one person she's pretty sure planted a long hair on their plate after they ate half their steak and got another one.  She was busy all night and had to close, which is a lot of work, and ended up with $40 in tips, which wasn't super impressive for as many tables and as much work as she had.  She came home a little discouraged, not by the tips as much as by feeling behind, overwhelmed, nervous about getting it wrong, etc.  So Saturday was her next day at work, and Saturdays are usually even busier than Fridays.  So she was nervous, and she asked us to pray for her.  So we did, and asked a couple other people to pray for her too.   She left around 11 am, and got home around 10 pm, and she walked in the door and she was quite cheerful.  They had been busy, she'd had more than 15 tables, and she'd felt like she was under control, keeping up, nothing really went wrong, and she felt really good about the evening.  Also, parents of a friend of hers from Eastern came in and when they realized they had her for a server, they left her a $100 tip to go towards college expenses and such.  She ended the night with $311 in cash tips and a bit more on a card.  Big night, man.  She even had one table that didn't tip her at all, just walked out with zero tip.  I still don't get people who do that.  But she came home bouncing and pleased and feeling like she just might get a good handle on this thing.  She likes being around the people, she likes working (on her third day, at least, lol), says that waitressing is way harder than she imagined, and it's good for her, in dealing with people good and bad, customer service, money management, etc. 

I didn't fly yesterday or today I don't think.  I was out at the airport helping Steve and Nathan load up some furniture into a trailer for Jamie going back to school.  Catching up on things at home that we got behind on during NOshkosh.  I need to write up an article of some sort, with pictures, to see about turning into to somebody, to see if they'd be interested.  I don't know of anyone else who did a full Oshkosh week like that.  It was a cool idea.

A group of folks doing a "cake walk" which is musical chairs on numbered carpet squares and the winner gets to take home the pastry of their choice

Kaylee watching the cake walk and getting ready to play

Me in Larry's T-6 checking out why it's flying with the ball out of center.

Cheyenne on the way to Texas

At 30,000' I was above most but not all of it so I went through that hole there.
 
At 35,000' we WERE above it all, and cruising over in smooth air.

Descending back into Kokomo

Night shots

Sunset on the way in.

No comments: