Thursday, August 27, 2020

Bleh

I would never.  :(


I heard back from Kaylee this morning.  She said she's been busy, but that it's going well.  Said she loves her social work classes a lot, and has already made some good friends with people in there already.  Tonight she texted me that she'd had her audition for the university singers at 6 pm, and she was accepted into that group as a first soprano.  She couldn't audition for the musical because they met at the same time as one of her existing mandatory classes.  Which was a bummer, it was like the Sound of Music or something she really wanted to be a part of.  But so be it.  I think she's doing okay, best I can tell via text without emojis attached. Her last text was "Sorry, super busy today! Ha ha!"  I'm glad she's busy and good.  :)

I didn't feel all that well today.  I think the barometric pressure changes and weather got me.  Woke up with a headache, low grade, had it most of the day.  Didn't feel great all day.  All my flights canceled for today, which actually benefited me.  I could have flown with the last flight of the day, but I just didn't feel good, so I used the weather like everyone else had, and we didn't go.  Tomorrow we'll have to see what the weather does, and hopefully my system gets on board with everything and is back to normal by then.

I spent a good hour plus in the Twin Beech again on the ground, doing ground run-ups, while Steve tries to fix the vacuum pressure in it.  We're going to fly it Saturday, so trying to fix it up before then.  I am now a master at starting it.  I have started it...what, 20 times in the last two days?  I got that thing down.

Next I flew Larry's T-6 over to Marion, and accidentally made an excellent crosswind three-point landing in it.  I do mean accidentally, too.  His airplane sits different and the sight picture is different, and Marion's runway is narrower than Kokomo, and I haven't really yet made a good landing in that plane over there.  Today I was debating between wheel and three point (never a good idea. Pick one and go for it or you'll get the worst of both).  It drops a bit, I yank back to save it, and the right wheel into the wind rolls onto the runway along with the tailwheel, then the left main came down, pretty as a perfect picture.  Too bad I didn't take that picture on purpose.  ;)  Anyway.  Eric put it away, and then Zach F. and Greg O. came and got me in the RG, using it as an opportunity for Zach to practice being an instrument instructor and Greg practicing instrument approaches.  Perfect.  That's two days in a row I rode in the back of a Cessna while other people were up front.  I'm less comfortable with today's combination of people up front, but they did a good job.  :)

It was another hot, brutal, muggy day.  Not feeling well on top of that heat, I was still outside at the airport all day, and it got to me.  So I'm glad to be home, in Air Conditioning, recuperating, and hoping for a good night's sleep, no headaches, a good day tomorrow.

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts for Kaylee.  I think this semester is off to a decent start, and hoping Covid doesn't cause them any more trouble this year...

No comments: