The last two days I mostly sweated in a Cessna. Kaylee did some cleaning. Steve also sweated in a Cessna. Last night I got home after 9:30 pm, started around 9 am. We're into the long days, but after sitting on our rears for as long as we had to, I sure can't complain about getting in work now.
Last night Kaylee and Caitlyn had a fire and made some s'mores in our back yard pit. Tonight she has a viewing for the funeral of one of her friends' dad. He passed away last week of several medical issues (not Covid).
Tonight Steve's the one outside having a fire with a friend. I could join them, but I've sweated enough for awhile, and I'm going to stick in here and have some air conditioning. It was over 90 degrees again today, and muggy. Shew.
I do love that the sun stays up so late though right now. I'll take all the daylight and sunshine I can get. I feel so much more energetic when there's natural light out there.
Today was a ferry flight. I took a T-6 that was out of annual and has a known hydraulic issue over from Michigan to Wisconsin. The fellow picked me up at Kokomo in a Cirrus, flew me to Michigan, where I picked up the T-6 and flew it to WI, then he picked me up in WI and flew me back home to Kokomo. It took about 4.5 hours start to finish, which isn't bad!!
The Cirrus is nice, and there was an air conditioning unit in the back seat, which helped take the edge off the oppressive heat. In the T-6, I couldn't keep the canopy open and still hear Chicago approach, and since I really needed to hear Chicago Approach, I just kept it shut. And steamed up in there. I brought my flight suit and refused to wear it because it was too hot. I didn't have any issues during the flight, but it wasn't a relaxing flight. It was hot and bumpy, and hot, and I was sitting on my phone the whole time to have the GPS pulled up so that I wouldn't bust any airspace (which is a big deal on the VFR corridor up there), and meanwhile was looking around for some place to put this thing down if the engine quit, because there isn't much. Several times it would have just been in the water, but in the water at the EDGE of the lake where I could swim to shore, not the middle of the lake where I'd be fish food. The thought of which horrifies me enough to make me spend an extra 30-40 minutes frying in the air rather than take the short cut.
Anyway, I took lots of pictures today, because it's required when you fly by the Chicago skyline. It just is. ;) So to take your mind off of the news, the politics, the division, the anger, the hate, and all the noise, please enjoy a few photos of the only way to see Chicago safely these days. ;)
Flying along looking at the panel of the T-6, with the wide angle lens
The first hint of the lake over there
Just me
Nothing but water, a lot of water, as far as the eye can see. But only on that side.
The next few are pretty self explanatory.
I like this one
This was coming back home in the Cirrus
Oh! And we hung a giant flag in our hangar today!
I mean, that is one big flag. Love it.
Oh, and our 172 had a flight tire today. For about the first time, it wasn't on ME. Ha.
The long windy path I took to avoid....
this. To avoid all that water.







No comments:
Post a Comment