Wednesday, March 04, 2020

March Madness

Kaylee left this morning to go to a meeting with her youth pastor and Meredith.  Together they run the middle-schooler's church program, so they were going over some stuff with that.  Kaylee got me on Tik Tok today,  and showed me the last couple videos she did.  Pretty funny, actually.  I thought I was too old for that, but she says all age groups are on there, including a grandma who does funny videos every week.  So I guess I'm not too old for Tik Tok.  Although I sort of feel like I am.  ;)

I got a lot done today.  Got all my stuff caught up in email.  I currently have three emails in my inbox, and two of them are just reminders for me for later, nothing I can do right now.  I got SMA Support stuff sent out, and I got Children's Christian Academy fundraiser stuff sent out.  I read an entire book.  This was a fictional story about a family dealing with SMA, and how it affected each person in the family and the relationships amongst each of the family members, before, during, and after the boy with SMA passed away.  It was a little tough to read.  Even after 20 years, even after not spending a lot of time in the SMA world any more, reading through a storyline of SMA was a little too familiar.  Not all of it was our story--it talked about how it affected non-SMA siblings, too, for example, but even if it wasn't our story, I recognized it from years of being close to families who, all together, well, we were all combined, that story.  It was a 360 page book, and I read it in a few hours this afternoon.  I love being able to read fast.  :)

We flea bombed the deck again.  I put flea stuff on the cats two days ago and Dulcie still took a chunk out of her backside yesterday, bothered by fleas.  So we bombed the deck today, again, and really wish we knew what could get the job done.  We find dead fleas afterwards, but more come, and we're not even letting the cats outside any more, much to their annoyance as the weather warms up.  Not sure what more I can do, but the poor things get covered in bites and knots and sores if we're not all over it, way more frequently than we're supposed to.  The other brand the vet recommended didn't do squat. Ugh

I made chocolate chip cookies for Kaylee today.  She's been bugging me about it for 3 days, so today on the way home from lunch I stopped and picked up the ingredients and did it this afternoon.  I think she is pleased.  ;)

I have a busy time coming up.  Tomorrow I have lessons scheduled from 10 am to 8 pm with only one 1.5 hour break for lunch in there.  Friday I'm going with Nathan to S. Illinois to pick up Jamie from school.  Saturday all day is CAF required "CRM" ground school at the airport.  Monday I fly to Michigan to do all day T-6 training with the 2.3 hour tailwheel pilot who was unfortunately as good as he said he'd be.  Wednesday I take the Cheyenne and Kevin and his family down to Florida, so they can spend a couple days at Disney.  I'll be staying down there as well, and we come back Friday.  I don't know if I'm going to Disney with them, or doing my own thing, but I'm easy enough to get along with there.  :)  We get back late Friday, and early Saturday I'm back up and headed to Wisconsin to do the required CAF T-6 groundschool training.  All day.  So like I said, busy time coming up...

No comments: