Today was supposed to be my jury selection day. They suggested you wear business casual dress, and I don't think they meant my business casual, which is my business t-shirt and jeans. So I dressed up. My time was 1:15, so I had time to go to lunch and meet up with six others. They all eyeballed me but nobody said anything until I mentioned I was going to have to leave a little early for jury duty. Then Dale says "You clean up pretty good", and Ty says "I wondered why you were all dressed up." I was eating when I got the call from the court house, where they let me know that the case I was being called in for had just been settled, and that we no longer needed to come in. I said "Huh. Well, I kind of wanted to do it since I haven't done it before, and here I got all dressed up for nothing." Ty looks at me and says "Well, it IS Halloween; you just dressed up as an actual girl today!" He was only that brave because he was back in the corner and I was too far away to get to him. ;)
I feel sorry for the trick or treaters and their parents tonight. It's so nasty outside. It pretty much put the kibbosh on the night. One of my friends said her husband literally bribed the kids to get them to stop trick or treating. I can so see that. "I will buy you bags of candy all for yourself if you will just let us GO HOME." Lol
Here are three little video clips Kaylee sent. You don't see her in any of them, but one is just before the monkeys attacked them, and two are of this bamboo structure with gaps and holes. She seems to be doing all right. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment